The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2022!!!!!

Annabella

• 3 weeks later...

Be interesting to see the outcome of the cost cap stuff.

Sky as usual poking the fire.

Personally think all involved should wait till the FIA announce the findings before commenting, this stuff really is doing F1 no good 

I'm not going to comment on Hamilton and the black history stuff 

6 hours ago, Dnk said:

What happened to Russell ? Good to see Perez up there 

Some sort of over run, apparently not throttle, maybe battery deployment on braking, he said car was pushing from the rear under braking, happened in FP3 too. 

Be interesting to see how much RB are over the cost cap. 

10 hours ago, Dnk said:

FFS Sky sports F1 replay starts by being live and telling you the result so don’t watch it or you’ll be a tad unimpressed like I am now 

Yep, switched on to see sky highlights at 12.30, as per TV schedule,  it's a replay with 20 minute timer counting down, Hamilton following Ocon. Bizarre.

12 hours ago, Annabella said:

Yep, switched on to see sky highlights at 12.30, as per TV schedule,  it's a replay with 20 minute timer counting down, Hamilton following Ocon. Bizarre.

I can only guess due to the red flag which is a whole new conversation with points to be made from both sides 

1/ why was a recovery vehicle on track

2/ red flagged double waved yellows and Gasly going too fast but that wouldn't have made any difference ? what if there wasn't a vehicle on track and just marshals or the driver getting out the stricken car ? seems drivers don't get the rule of being able to stop 

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Annabella said:

Correct, both in the wrong, tractor shouldn't have been on the track till empty, as there was no rush as red flagged, and Gasly, well, even under double yellows supposed to be able to stop, Reds and doing 250k? Staggering. 

I 100% agree cranes transporters etc shouldn't be on the circuit but nor should this be acceptable either 

So Red Bull and Aston Martin were found to have exceeded the budget cap last season by any amount between $0.01 and $7.5m (less than 5% of the total) 👀

It's going to be nothing more than a slap on the wrist and I fine I bet, but Merc will be absolutely fuming. If RB were found to have overspent on developement of the car etc. then it's ground for points deduction imo. I'd hold the same stance if the shoe was on the other foot before anyone thinks I'm just a die hard Hamilton fan who's still sour by the way 😂 

To overthrow the Championship now would cause all sorts of drama which i doubt even Hamilton wants anymore

Hopefully they interview Guenther Steiner about the whole thing.

"I don’t care what stewards decide, as long as they’re consistent. If overspending results in a fine, then it only costs money to get away with it. And with everyone else limited to a smaller cap, who fokking cares?" - Probably

Edited by Style (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I think F1 is slowly destroying itself and I've had enough of most of the build up sections other than MB on a grid walk or Teds bits, sadly he's straying away from the race and tech to the politics and bullshit 

The cost cap just adding to the problems where a title could be decided in the courts. 

• Like 1

Im in the same boat, getting tired of what F1 is becoming.

And the budget cap, everyone knows whats going to happen, absolutely nothing. RB should be docked enough points to lose the title but that will never happen. Im still not over the last race of last season, both as a Hamilton fan and an F1 fan
Read somewhere that each million of development is 0.1 of a second on track, do some quick maths.

Financial penalties in F1 are utterly pointless, dangerous driving, speeding in the pit lane? Race bans and dropped points. 5 second penalty for on track shenanigans, drive through the pits (Perez in Singapore, 5 second penalty - Still won the race and thats not right)

Penalties have to have real tangible outcomes, outcomes to be afraid of. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

It should be black and white - The cap is this, if youre a quid or a million quid over, here's the penalty. Like I said without penalties to be afraid of, nobody will care

And it has to be a painful penalty not a fine as that's pointless

Personally think they should scrap the cap simply because its too complex to govern.

It's like penalties given after the race, need to be done in the race 

Regarding Sainz/Russell incident I think it was more 50/50 with Russell going out to the racing line and Sainz chopping back into him 

Didn't think a large chunk of the race was that great and sad to hear LH bleating on that MV was running off track 

Oh well not to long now and I can find something else to watch with less bullshit in it 

WSB is top notch at the moment