The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Time Again!

JamieP

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

Its pretty common sense on a single turbo car

Check Billy big bollocks over here

I'll be sure to tell everyone I see from now on to whip the little filters off the end of theirs and run it the common sense way instead.

6 minutes ago, Style said:

Check Billy big bollocks over here

I'll be sure to tell everyone I see from now on to whip the little filters off the end of theirs and run it the common sense way instead.

9/10 times running the filter off the IACV is more than adequate on a GTE setup. 

Difference is on jamies the inlet manifold is designed for use for NA head. Because of this the idle air control flange they provide on the plenum is for a NA IACV, which does not use the boost check valve like on a GTE, and you cannot use the boost check valve easily as the mounting flange for NA IACV is completely different. 

So this NA IACV has to be routed back into intercooler system pre TB in order for there not to be a massive boost leak whilst boosting, whilst also allowing the IACV to bypass air around the TB whilst in idle state.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mike2JZ said:

9/10 times running the filter off the IACV is more than adequate on a GTE setup. 

Difference is on jamies the inlet manifold is designed for use for NA head. Because of this the idle air control flange they provide on the plenum is for a NA IACV, which does not use the boost check valve like on a GTE, and you cannot use the boost check valve easily as the mounting flange for NA IACV is completely different. 

So this NA IACV has to be routed back into intercooler system pre TB in order for there not to be a massive boost leak whilst boosting, whilst also allowing the IACV to bypass air around the TB whilst in idle state.

I had my IACV removed, as I had a mk3 IACV and it was turd. Now using a DBW throttle body, was advised I didn't need it. Do have issues on start up though, car will just die. Do you think it could be connected?

26 minutes ago, Mike2JZ said:

So far from common sense then

Thanks Mike, I managed to go DBW at the same time as switching intakes which explains why it's a new concept to me

1 minute ago, Noz said:

I had my IACV removed, as I had a mk3 IACV and it was turd. Now using a DBW throttle body, was advised I didn't need it. Do have issues on start up though, car will just die. Do you think it could be connected?

I'm DBW and no issues at all, maybe just needs the cold start looked at? Can be hard to get right first time as the cars warm and ideally needs to cool down fully to be properly setup

Edited by Style (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Noz said:

You won’t need an Iacv if you a drive by wire throttle. 

If car is cutting out after starting then either it needs more fuel or more air to maintain idle. So probably just needs tune looking at

• Like 1

Most the fabrication work done now, fuel system all done, boys also made a custom new engine loom to plug into the S7+, just a few bits like battery relocation to do now. They planning to do first start Thursday I think. 

Also picked up some recaro seats from an evo 10. 

697B4F75-28EE-4801-89BC-E8A7F38020A0.jpeg

38F0FBDA-33AE-45FE-A213-B7AB481412D0.jpeg

A7804153-53A1-4174-B458-B213A3B95305.jpeg

3C073B39-D460-4D08-A81E-65859A485B0A.jpeg

0EB8D25F-E188-41CC-88E5-968138D7961D.jpeg

B2E12C34-35E9-48CE-890D-855A93822CB7.jpeg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Wander if this Supra ever knew when sitting covered in green slime and dirt that one day it would hit the jackpot 😆

One hell of a transformation! Looking great and sounding epic! 👍

Fantastic transformation! Hit the jackpot now until it hits the street and Jamie makes it squeal 😄 

• Haha 1