The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These came to the house today, and just before Christmas too :D

I went with the MRR GT1's in black to complement the black bodywork if you didn't already know:

235/40/18 Front

265/35/18 Rear

http://www.importzrevolution.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/GT1_11blk.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality - camera phone

All I need now are the tyres :p

Looks like I'll be going back to stock wheels sooner than I thought. Gave two of mine a good thwack on some :taped: :taped: traffic control thingies on a road near my friends house. Have to swerve all over the road to avoid them (at 10mph) and I still hit one. Advised by the locals to actually wait until nobody is coming then drive through them on the opposite side of the road, as they're easier to navigate.

What a joke!

I did a quote on 'go compare' Alex, best quote was 2.5k and the worst was 4.5k! I had someone ring me up on Christmas day confirming my details to take the cover out. I said no thanks, I'll stick with my 670 quid fully comp with my existing company.

Makes me sick it does, no wonder a lot of people drive without insurance because the price it out of your reach - yet another one of those 'government controls' to stop people owning a nice thing.

It's mad isn't it Dazzi. I'm hoping Sky can do something special and mirror my no claims, else the sprint series next year is over for me before it started.

Endsleigh quoted me £1730 online, then phoned me back to check some details in the hope of making it cheaper. Ten minutes later I was quoted £1860.. and would I like to go ahead with that quote. I laughed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 1; It's my daily driver and clocks up some serious miles, depending on where I'm working (currently doing about 400 miles a week),

2; I'm not a power-mad tarmac monster. I'll admit, something with 500 horse would be fun, but I've already been banned twice in the N/A, so that'd just be asking for trouble,

3; going the TT route would end up costing me stupid amounts of money as I just wouldn't be able to leave it alone and, finally,

4; I actually ENJOY driving my N/A. I've got it looking how I want, it handles well and even with it's current binge-drinking motor, it goes well.

It'll cost me somewhere in the region of £500 to do a straight swap as opposed to god knows how many thousands for a fully set-up 500 horse TT.

400 miles a week! Respect to your old NA motor mate... still going strong no mater what.

I still need to fit my full decat, twin fans, EMU fuel management and loads of other bits. Hopefully should be able to fit my lightweight 18's on this week, finally sent the tyres through the post at last!

Yep. Currently working in Whitehaven which is 150 miles away, so that's 300 miles straight off. Then the general bimbling to & from hotel to work, site, then whatever happens at weekend will add another 100 mile or so.

Got to say, I can't fault the car at all; it soaks up the miles no problem. I've just got to keep an eye on the oil.

Been missing me Alex:p

Animal has hit the nail on the head with his reasonings for doing an NA-NA swap. I still fancy going NA-TT but do really enjoy driving her as she is, and being a daily driver it's perfect:)

My wheels should be with me by the 20th, so I should finally get them on soon.

Im also looking for some NA shocks. As mine are TT spec the ride is a little stiff TBH. I need them pretty cheap though as there is very little work out there at the moment within the construction industry:( So other than that no further plans at the moment.

However, if something turns up I would love to change my skirts. But being blended I dont know how costly that would be. It's very difficult to give a quote:rolleyes:

I still have your bling bling adidas top burnt into my retinas hoff. :(

I'm considering getting rid of my Aerotop this year, it's not like we get the weather to warrant it and I keep having temptations to do things to it (and I'd like my daily to be a manual again). Still, I know I'd miss it if I sold it.. meh!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.