The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

Well, I'll do a progress report of sorts.

Done so far:

Removed interior trim, carpet, front/rear speakers, headunit, braided lines, 5.1 brake fluid, CW fast road pads, 17" stock wheels, retrofitted stock airbox, new rad cap :D, coolant flush, uprated clutch.

To do:

Remove roof lining, bonnet lining, sound proofing, bucket seats, oil/filter change, remove aircon, sparks & cam belt, set of toyo 888s, set of wets, front strut bar (maybe), smaller battery/washer bottle & move to rear, get the chassis looked at and touched up/fixed where necessary.

Car already has an LSD (though it acts like it's welded, which is fine) and Bilsten yellow shocks (fine, for now).

I'm not going to touch the brakes unless I have problems, as it'll add a lot of weight, 4pot/2pot will no doubt come if I ever run more power. I went with the Stock 17s rather than 16s with that in mind. :innocent: Heater is also staying, I need something for defrosting/keeping me warm and it's a lot cheaper to fix it than buying a heated front windscreen.

I can't remove door cars and a few other things due to the rules of the sprint series, I'd have to have a cage to do that. Same goes for various carbon bits.

My main concern is going to be losing/moving enough weight to get the balance of the car back, especially if I go TT later on as that'll stick more weight up front (TT & 5spd will be very nippy for sprinting :eyebrows:). When I talk about Exhaust/Manifold/Airfilter etc it's more wishful thinking and 'what if', I tend to get a bit carried away like everyone else!

If after a years sprinting and various track days I feel I've 'mastered' the car (unlikely, but I don't know how sensible I can be) then I'll be looking for a TT lump, especially if Bazza decides to make the move (and anyone else who joins the sprint series).

I spoke with Chris before I started doing anything, he was very helpful as always. :) I don't think there's anything he suggested that I'm not planning on doing. The car was also taken for a little test drive by Silverstone Garage after the clutch change, and they said the brakes/handling are now spot on - just the diff acts like a welded. I'll be speaking to Mr Whiffin if I ever feel the desire for Time Attack / sponsorship in the future. :D

I spend far too much time planning.. I think I've allocated my next five years wages between the two cars. :D

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Alex, certainly doing things right:) When I mentioned Paul I meant about how they improve handling etc when the increase the track/width of the car, doing that normally puts extra stress on the suspension. Though sponsers, now you're talking. Look at Bens Whifbitz car, he was just like you once:)

It's pretty much impossible for me to do anything with the dark evenings and miserable weekends, Red is due for a wash this weekend and White is booked in to a bodyshop on the 11th. I don't really intend on doing anything until next year, too many bills! :(

Sprinkle, thats an understatement. I hit some last night coming out of a bend, luckily it was dryish. Felt like going over cobbles though it was so deep:blink: At least I knew where it was though this morning when it was wet, its the surprise patches that catch you out.

:D

I've just had the most pleasurable drive home from work. It was stunning. The last few nights the driving conditions have been terriable. The roads wet and muddy and so busy. The car was such a handfull, harsh and twitchy. I felt like I could lose it at any moment. Not nice:(

But tonight the roads were clear and dry. There were no clouds and it was fairly light. The car drove and handled like it had just come out the factory:eyebrows: Every corner felt like I was on rails and the response from the throttle with the cold air was better than I have ever known. At one point I sat at 50 just to piss a boy racer off who pulled out infront of me, I over took him and then eased off. Came around a corner onto a mile+ long straight. It was totally clear, both directions, my eyes lit up. Sitting at 50, I knew just a slight touch of the throttle and away I'd go. The guy behined me had a look and off I went. Pressed the peddle no more than a pounds width and down the gears the auto box went:eyebrows: 2.5k revs to 5.5k in a blink off an eye.:wave:

I even decided to not take my turning and carried on for a little while I was enjoying myself that much. I wasn't even hitting big speeds TBH but the feel and responsiveness of the car was stunning. When its like that I dont feel the need for a TT at all. Why cant every drive be like that, just a joy?

Right, don't get an autobahn88 manifold, they're utter shite.

Unfortunately I have had one problem after the other with it. First of all the manifold stud holes aren't lined up properly so it was tough to get it on, second it doesn't clear the engine mount so obviously this won't work on either Left hand or right hand drive as the engine mounts are in the same place. The exhaust holes have been cut very poor and don't line up to the head holes properly which can result in engine damage. To be honest I thought this would be a good buy but I am very disappointed in this product.

I told the seller I want a full refund and will gladly send this hunk of junk back. Also I mentioned I will be telling fellow supra owners not to buy this product in future.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.