The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 inch straight through? We'll know when its done then, We'll all hear it:d What other goodies do you have then Daz? Have you fitted them yet? I'll be very interested in the results. I dont really want top end stuff just quicker 0-60 I'd be happy:)

Good luck with it all mate:)

Cheers mate,

Well after speaking to several motor heads im doing an na project for my benefit and to show it can be done for little money(ish) but rewarding HP gain. All those na bashers get on my nerves! I saw one dude ask 'how can I make my na faster?' and another replied 'SELL IT!'

So the bits:

3" straight through with Xforce varex backbox (to control noise on demand :D)

E-Manage Ultimate to be mapped on 99 ron fuel

AEM AFR for tuning and keeping an eye on things

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Colder spark plugs (already in)

Royal Purple Engine oil (good stuff this, does what it says on the bottle)

New headgasket

ARP Headstuds

Oil pressure Gauge (already in)

Oil Temp Gauge (already in)

Water Temp Gauge (already in)

6 Puck Clutch

Electric cooling fan (keeping stock fan shroud) with HKS fan controller - quicker warm up and cooling when off - Heard the stock fan on na's puts a strain on the engine.

TT style Intake manifold

Larger injectors (around 450cc)

Wizard of Nos (Shot tbc)

Bucket seats (not sure which yet, depends on fitment)

Free - Boot totally stripped!

Im redoing the body/wheels too:

Do-luck (late) front

Trial rear

De-spoilered with Ridox CF Spoiler Lip

Cruize 190 19" Alloys

Possibly C-West Smoked Rear light covers too

Keeping OEM side skirts as they look good, fit great and are worth a bob or two

Thats it for now but im sure i've forgotten something on that list lol

Im having a difficult time with the widening of the stud holes, welll hole now. I've been at it all day. Think I will need to get a mini hack saw tomorrow as this metal is tough which is a good thing but damaged a lot of my tools in the process.

Cheers for the info Dan, I did like the sound of your car coming round the corner that night, sounded mean! Have you noticed any difference in power fitting a FPR? Its pumping more fuel in but your still getting the same amount of air so that would make your AFR rich right?

thats causes stainless is hard i had to open mine and i got a stainless cutting drill bit there titainum tipped or you can get a reaming drill bit they will do job but get right width

the fuel pressure regulator is just for show in mine only required if running big injectors or if yours is not holding its pressure with age that was my reason for change trouble you can not wind much pressure in using standard pump i got a competion pump which lets you

it will suit yours if running big injectors and e manage

hope all goes well i had all these problems it will be worth it though

Well all went well today until I found I couldn't seem to bolt the manifold to the head all the way. The top was fine but the bottom I could feel the gasket moving (the gap was literally mm's off). I put a mirror down behind and noticed that the engine mount has a screw sticking right into one of the tubes. This is easily solved by cutting it shorter I believe. Will tackle it in the next few days..

i know! :)

okay when do you wanna go?

my car is going in thursday morning and i am collecting saturday am (if all's okay)

i could kill 2 birds with one stone and you could pick me up mid morning saturday or you can go anytime and i'll sort out the post code and inform him your coming over?

Daz, pleased to here you are getting on nicely with the manifold. Couple of little issues but thats what manifolds usually have. Nice list of goodies you have, put me to shame:D Dare I ask the price for the e manage and AEM units? Oh and the fan, radiator (makes please:d) and injectors. Pm me if you prefer:) If it makes the differance I could be tempted to go the same way. What about internals? I take it you're leaving them as they should be sound:)

And unlike me cause Im lazy...PICS:d Are you making the intake yourself? If so is it easy enough. Or is it just a modded tt one, and again if it is, easy to do? Sorry for all the questions mate but Im very interested but am more of the gofor than the mechanic, thats the girlfriends brothers job:d

Lol I don't know any manifold thats a direct fit! I've got off lightly with this one.

I got the EMU for 175 quid (bargain!) and the AEM bits total to stupid amounts. The fan I haven't got yet, its either flex-a-lite or one of MVP's. Injectors will probably be sard - yet to buy as i can't decide which. Internals should be fine, if anything is going to blow it'll probably be the gearbox first as its weaker than the engine haha but I wouldn't expect to see 450 with my setup (limit on 5 speed box) more 350-400 with nos.

Tidy. Well your the guinee pig:p But I think that sounds good. Dont know if mine being an auto would be any differant, I think its good for around 350 bhp? Does the E-manage cover the auto?Cant think of the top of my head. I dont suppose NOS would be on my list though, to many points on my licance:d Would you say the price for the set up is less than going NA-TT when you include labour and mapping etc?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.