The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

On my mobile again so bare with me. the bumper is on and looks awesome. The fit was also pretty good and to start with so it was easy enough. Also posted the manifold out and now there is no blowing at all and sounds great.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure hoff, sure. Lynz has had practice, I saw her having a go at Rotorstock - not sure if Ste D was there or not. It'll be fun to 'compete' against equivalent cars. :p

I'm wondering what stock wheels would look like on my Aerotop - black with a machined silver lip and pre-facelift centres (don't like the facelift ones) - what do you think?

Im debating 18 or 19" wheels atm. My hypersilver coloured wheels look nice as 19 inch but im after some cruise 190's black deep dish with chrome rim. Because of the power I will be running i'd prefer 18's to get some R888's on the back (R888 don't come in 19 for my tyre size) but im worried they won't fill the arches. I know theres the possibility of lowering springs but that will defeat the other object why i don't want 19's (the ride comfort)... but I like how 19's fit in so well without the need for lowering springs but 18 inch tyres are cheaper too arrrrrrrrrrghg !!!!!!!!!!!

Daz, Ive gone from 19's to black spoked stainless steel dished (not very much though) 18's and I must say they look tiny compared to the 19's. Im not used to it yet. But its because they are a 5 spoke design, and the spokes dont reach the extreme of the dish (Work Meister style) which gives the illusion of the wheel being much smaller as its the spokes which you concerntrate on. Ride wise, I have Tein lowering springs and 15mm spacers on the rear (just for the hell of it) and the ride isn't too bad and obviously with the spacers off even better. Magictorch went out in Jamie P's new supe a few weeks ago, he runs 19's on superstreets and by all accounts the ride and handling even with 19s is excellant.

I would suggest a 4 wheel alignment/geo set up once on Daz. It makes quite a differance, especially on 19s. I had mine done for the 19s, CW said if thats the case he'd only check the toe etc rather than a full set up if I wanted him to look at mine now im on 18s. But Im sure the cambre looks way out on the front passenger side wheel so Im getting the full works done :)

Alex, they look smaller than that to me mate:blink: But as I said its due to the style and the fact its black on black I think. Have a look on saturday at the pod. I take it you're going friday night? Im not there until saturday:( Im sure I can remember your ugly mug though:p

It's the white one (with a couple of black and rusty coloured tinges), 5spd manual stock. I haven't had a chance to get it on a dyno yet to see what it's running, be interested in finding out how healthy the engine is after having that silly HKS air filter on it.

Having never run at the pod I have no idea what I should expect to run, hopefully the messed up weight balance it has at the moment won't affect it too much!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.