The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear uk brake dirt / dust shield

Andrew K

Andrew, I bought a set to change mine but ended up sanding and painting the originals. I honestly can’t remember if I ever sold them or if they are in my old mans garage. More than happy to pop over next week and have a look for you.

Thanks Kev

I have asked around to see what’s involved in changing them and it seems it’s a right pain of a job to do! Have to remove the hole hub to do it. Think I have found a better way to get around it but if that doesn’t work I will be in touch.

Thanks Kev

I have asked around to see what’s involved in changing them and it seems it’s a right pain of a job to do! Have to remove the hole hub to do it. Think I have found a better way to get around it but if that doesn’t work I will be in touch.

Andrew, that was the reason why I never changed them in the first instance.

You really should only be thinking about changing these if you have the hub off to fit a new wheel bearing. Also if you have the hub off to fit one of these it'd be daft not to replace the wheel bearing at the same time.

The actual metal the comprises the handbrake shoes is of a decent thickness so it'll take some spot welding easily. So, if you just have a bit of corrosion on the thinner dust shield you could always look at doing a patch repair or apply some epoxy putty to replace any small areas of missing metal.

Andrew, I bought a set to change mine but ended up sanding and painting the originals. I honestly can’t remember if I ever sold them or if they are in my old mans garage. More than happy to pop over next week and have a look for you.

I must have got rid of them as they weren’t in the garage, sorry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.