The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ABS sensors for under £10 - prototype

rider

Surely we should be trying to come up collectively with a retro fit version for this type of setup for OEM ECUs.

I stand by my previous comment if we could determine the signal output we could communicate most sensors to the same required wave form.

I'm certain the OEM ecu uses a simple type of wave.

• 6 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 2:47 PM, Jellybean said:

Considering majority of owners run an aftermarket ECU and the OE ECU is starting to fail with age

Not consider running Digital Hall Effect Sensor, CP Racing was making a CNC Supra MK4 Wheel Speed Bracket for Digital Hall Effect Sensor

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 19.48.16.png

These CNC brackets are meant to house a Digital Hall sensor to give a cleaner “square” wave digital signal to your ECU. The OEM ABS sensors on the MKIV are a magnetic sensor which tend to drop out and give incorrect wheel speed information to your ECU. These changes can cause a misread in traction control, gear position, rpm limit, and boost control depending on your tune. With a Digital Hall sensor you will always have a crisp clean reading even at the lowest speed to give your ECU the most accurate information at all times. No more ground or drive speed drop outs!

Does anyone know just what sensors these brackets are designed to accept ?  I'm assuming it's the Haltech ones ?

http://www.wotm.com/haltech/haltech-ecu-inputs-hall-effect-sensor/g-64682.aspx

10 hours ago, Ric said:

A friend of mine has a source for ABS sensors they are tried and tested around £40 each i think.

He might actually be on the forum. Andy Ventress

Yeah seen Andy's on facebook a while a go, £65 each, or 2 for £120. They look a great solution. All you need is your original bracket he says, and they are plug'n'play!