The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra - Progress so far, next steps and build thread

Peter P

Hey Guys,

So I collected the car from SRD yesterday. Shame the weather was so pants, had to take it easy obviously but still had a couple of gentle pulls and it felt great! Hats off to Lee, Ash, Mike and the rest of the team, love what they’ve done with the car and can’t wait for a bit of dry weather to really see what it’s like with the new setup. Needs a good clean after the drive home so fingers crossed it’s dry in the morning. I’ll grab some photos if I can get it cleaned up. 

• Like 2

Morning All,

So after an early start (up at 5:30am) I managed to get the car cleaned, ceramic wash and wax and a nice coat of ceramic wax as well. Pleased with how it came out. Also added some extra storage and racking in the garage which I’m pleased with. Just need to sort all the parts that came home I don’t need anymore and try to sell them. As you can see, lots of boxes I could do with shifting! 

IMG_3741.jpeg

IMG_3742.jpeg

IMG_3743.jpeg

IMG_3744.jpeg

IMG_3745.jpeg

IMG_3746.jpeg

IMG_3747.jpeg

IMG_3748.jpeg

IMG_3749.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

IMG_3751.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg

• Like 5

Hallo Peter..... Ja, ich würde es gerne so einrichten wie du, aber ich habe die Garage gemietet, also kann ich leider keine großen Änderungen vornehmen, und schau mal, diese Reifen bekommen immer mehr Lob, ich habe auch Erfahrungen mit einigen Leuten, die sie schon gefahren sind, und ich werde zwei Reifen auf meinem Civic EP3 testen und wenn sie wirklich so gut sind, werde ich sie auch für den Supra holen

Zeknova RS606 – Zeknova-Reifen
https://www.zeknovatires.eu/zeknova-rs606/

Edited by Dieter (see edit history)
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, HarleyFDMD said:

Soooo.. have you managed to get out in it yet on a nice dry warm day?

I bet you're absolutely loving it. Your car made similar numbers to mine. Trust me it doesn't get boring! 

Hi mate. No, not managed to get it out as yet, but hoping the weather is good for this Sunday as I have the GT Tuners open season event to attend at North Weald. Fingers crossed it stays dry so I can try it on the full 1.6 bar with minimal traction control required. Coming home from SRD I was on 1 bar boost and wet setting for traction control which was safe and still fun when I did floor it. 

4 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Hi mate. No, not managed to get it out as yet, but hoping the weather is good for this Sunday as I have the GT Tuners open season event to attend at North Weald. Fingers crossed it stays dry so I can try it on the full 1.6 bar with minimal traction control required. Coming home from SRD I was on 1 bar boost and wet setting for traction control which was safe and still fun when I did floor it. 

Mines at 1.6 bar too

Probably just me being a pussy, but it took me a few days to actually dare pin the throttle until red line lol

• Haha 1

Ich glaube, du brauchst dir keine Sorgen zu machen, wenn der Supra bei SRD war, dann sind das die allerbesten Voraussetzungen......, ich habe immer nur absolut positives Feedback darüber gelesen..., ich fahre (natürlich nur bei gutem Wetter) das ganze Jahr über und war letztes Wochenende das erste Mal auf der Rennstrecke, der Grünen Hölle.......
, es hat riesen Spaß gemacht, aber man muss schon  Respekt haben, sonst macht man in Sekundenbruchteilen viel Schaden...., die Leute an der Rennstrecke haben sich riesig gefreut und alle Daumen gingen hoch und ich habe sie ja Supra Supra Supra Supra rufen hören....., das war ein mega geiles Erlebnis👍😎👍

IMG_20240712_043459.jpg

Edited by Dieter (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So had my first show/outing in the car yesterday. Thankfully it was dry if a bit too sunny (got burnt! lol). Did mean I could use the full send and get the traction control off wet. Have to say car drove perfectly, good power delivery and the car pulls like a train. Couple of photos from the day. 

IMG_3763.jpeg

IMG_3764.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Small update from me. Spoke to Lee at SRD last week and he mentioned there was a Dart block available and would I like to buy it ready for my engine build early next year. I had a bit of credit leftover from the single install as we decided the current clutch would cope for now and we will replace it when we do the engine install. I was still short and initially told Lee thanks but no thanks. His concern was we might get to the point where I have the funds for my engine build but there are no Dart blocks available and we’d have to wait. It played on my mind so managed to get the funds I needed in the form of a loan/help from my Folks (thank you Mum & Dad), so I got back in touch with Lee to say let’s do it. Unfortunately that particular block had sold but they can supply one in a month or so which is fine with me. Will be stored safely with the guys at SRD till early next year when the build can hopefully begin. 

Popped out at lunchtime on Friday as I was WFH to see Matt at MH Bodyworx to catch up and prep him for the engine bay paintwork I’ll need him to do when we do the engine build. He was happy to see the car and will fit me in when needed so that’s one more piece of the puzzle sorted. It’s funny how much you see and notice the tired bits of the bay once the twin turbo bits are removed and the single is installed. Just lets it down a bit so glad that will get sorted as well and we are doing body colour with some smoothing etc and delete work for any holes/bits no longer needed. 

• Like 1