The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra - Progress so far, next steps and build thread

Peter P

17 hours ago, 96sz said:

What’s happening at North Weald? And when?

There is a GT Tuners Club event taking place there on the 14th July. Hoping my car will be ready by then so I can attend. 

8 hours ago, 96sz said:

Thanks Peter. That’s local to me so will give it a look. Hope to see your car there, it’s looking great.

Thanks mate. Should be something posted on socials soon as far as tickets for spectators. I will PM details over in case you are interested in attending. Should be a good show with lots of nice cars and people attending. Hopefully see you there. 

Latest update and progress photos from Lee/SRD.

Turbo is fitted along with the Hypertune intake manifold. Ash has made a start on the new intercooler piping and the guys are waiting on some bits for the new Garrett G40-1150 so they can fabricate the oil feed and down pipe. 

The oil return side of the turbo is all fabricated and installed. It’s coming together nicely and every photo I see is getting me more excited as it’s one step closer to being finished and ready for me to collect and drive. I’ll keep you all posted when I hear more. 

a01ee258-d523-478a-9c18-2067e8a344c8.jpeg

f03228d3-b8fe-4361-9cd4-a1a84d82046b.jpeg

d3bd70d3-ebb8-4831-a7f7-8940d3d0b228.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Morning All.

Small update from Lee/SRD. The new intercooler pipes have been fabricated by the super talented Ash, and have been sent off to Sean at Inspraytion for powder coating in the same dark copper used on the original pipes. Mike is tackling the new engine loom and Ash is currently getting stuck in to the downpipe and midpipe, however they still need a flange to turn up. Not much in the way of photos, but did get this one of the new pipework. Ash has done a fab job as always and hopefully these will be powder coated soon and sent back to the guys to reinstall. I’ll keep you all posted when I hear more. Have a great day all. 

1240898b-662b-42af-9d6e-2c936ac59eba.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So bit of an update. Pipework should be done now and hopefully on the way back to Lee and the team to fit. Mike has also finished the new engine loom which has to be said looks amazing! Such quality work. Still some work to be done, but moving forwards which is all I can ask for as I know how busy SRD are trying to help as many of us as possible. Will update further when I hear more. Enjoy the sun folks! 

6a524716-175d-4671-9cbd-39192d61f1a2.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HarleyFDMD said:

Bet you cant wait! Do you have a power goal in mind?

Hi mate. Absolutely can’t wait. Won’t be going to crazy power wise as still on stock engine and stock cams. 700 would be nice, but will have to see how it goes next week when it’s hopefully going on the dyno. 

Mike’s beautiful engine loom is all fitted now so just need the intercooler pipework back from Inspraytion so the guys can finish up and hit the rollers. I’ll keep you posted. 

632e694d-50fd-4605-b128-2d240100b23a.jpeg

• Like 1

Evening All. So making steady progress on the single swap. New intercooler pipework is back from Inspraytion and is looking good installed on the car. Hopefully full speed ahead now so it can get on the dyno soon. Will keep you posted when I hear more from Lee P and the team. 

5fca00bb-3e32-4a94-84d8-e92c2822bda4.jpeg

33b1e4fe-1983-42dd-af0f-d057dd5a159c.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Thanks mate. I’ve used it for the half cage inside as well as the intercooler pipes, core and front strut brace. Adds a nice touch I think.

In other news……… it’s ALIVE! 

Looks epic! I’ve seen a nice turbo for sale that would go very well on that engine 😏

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Looks epic! I’ve seen a nice turbo for sale that would go very well on that engine 😏

I’m happy with that turbo mate. It’s the one Mike at SRD bought and then decided he wanted a bigger one! It’s brand new so should last me for now. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peter P said:

I’m happy with that turbo mate. It’s the one Mike at SRD bought and then decided he wanted a bigger one! It’s brand new so should last me for now. 

Until you want more power 😅 I bet it’s gonna be very responsive that’s for sure

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Until you want more power 😅 I bet it’s gonna be very responsive that’s for sure

Indeed. Not as responsive as it should be after we do the engine build mind. Once it has the Dart block, 3.4 Titan stroker and head/cams from SRD to match, should be building boost like OEM which will be quite something I reckon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter P said:

Indeed. Not as responsive as it should be after we do the engine build mind. Once it has the Dart block, 3.4 Titan stroker and head/cams from SRD to match, should be building boost like OEM which will be quite something I reckon. 

Lee twisted your arm to then? I recon he got discount the more people who got a dart block lol 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Lee twisted your arm to then? I recon he got discount the more people who got a dart block lol 

Didn’t need much twisting or convincing mate. As you said, Dart Iron Eagle block seems like a great price, I’m not likely to go over 1,000hp, but having a block rated for twice that just gives peace of mind. 

So numbers are in. Keeping it safe given we are still on stock engine and cams. Lee has confirmed this was at 1.6 bar and pointed out it’s an awesome power band and should feel epic. Exciting times and hopefully I’ll be able to pick it up soon.

1a7440e2-ba52-4647-acf7-92d8d587956e.jpeg