The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel hanger/pump help

Suprakeith

Just after some advice before finish last step of new fuel system.

Have got new twin pump billet fuel hanger.

I believe this fitting is just vent but want to make sure and weather attach fuel hose to new hanger.

The fitting in question

Also next bit need help on standard fuel hanger have fixed metal fuel lines going into tank

So do I fit fuel hose on new billet hanger or is it fine to leave?

Pictures of my fuel hanger, haven’t attached other fuel hose yet to make easier to see

imageimageimage

And final thing not sure on is this 12volt keep hearing about.

I’ve currently got just the one 255 walbro fuel pump and was planning on fitting 2nd one into hanger but unsure if and how to do this 12volt mod

Any help is much appreciated

There are two breathers on the fuel tank.

#1 is the the one that you have a tube with a bolt in.

#2 is the one you have highlighted in red.

On your new hanger you can use one AN6 fittings as your breather and connect it to #2 tube. Although AN6 may be a little awkward. You can also cap off one of the AN6 fittings, then remove your rubber hose with bolt from #1 breather, and run a sillicone tube from that to underneath the car and vent the fuel vapor that way. Or let #1 and #2 breathe in some way like it does from factory.

For the fuel lines in the hanger you can either go with:

In tank fuel hose (do not use regular fuel hose as it is not designed for in tank submursion)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mocal-8mm-Bore-In-Tank-Fuel-Hose-Priced-Per-Metre-ITFH-5/311910279100?hash=item489f4d27bc:g:f4QAAOSw8T9dlIFr

Or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FP-Convoluted-Fuel-Flex-Hose-Ends-ID-8mm-ID-8mm-Length-260mm/112621641999?hash=item1a38c5e10f:g:g88AAOSw0PJZlGuQ

Fuel Pumps and 12v

Do yourself a favor and ditch the Walbro255. It won't support much power. Whilst you are here doing fuel hanger stuff, just drop two 485 Walbro pumps into the tank. Will support your long term power goals better than a single 255.

Your fuel hanger looks a bit weird. Allows you to run two pumps but still uses the stock fuel pump connector which is only designed for one pump.

Now if you run two pumps you will have to go through the ball ache of converting that single factory connector to feed both pumps, and ground the pumps through the hanger. See this thread for what I mean. https://www.supraforums.com/threads/dual-fuel-pump-hanger-modification-pictures.657843/

You can also add another bulkhead wiring connector to run power to your second pump.

In the passengerside boot of your car behind the plastic trims you will find a fuel pump relay. This relay will need to be removed and replaced with one relay for every fuel pump you plan on running. You will need to trigger the relays using your standalone, and ideally need an additional fused power line run from the battery at the front of the car to feed your second pump.

Generally on larger aftermarket fuel pumps, there is no need for factory fuel pump ecu as it can cause restriction and running issues as larger pumps dont like to be run under 12v. So by installing 5 pin relays you can feed battery voltage (12v-14v) direct to the pumps when the ECU turns them on. If you are running two or more pumps you will likely need to stage the pumps based on injector duty cycle so you don't overwhelm your fuel pressure regulator at low load.

Thank you for help least that’s help a bit but am still unsure about it all,

I never planned to replace hanger but cause has to upgrade fuel system cause of fuel rail, it’s had knock on effect.

I only ever planned to run one fuel pump really if could, and only reason picked 255 is cause it doesn’t need 12volt mod and still don’t understand what relay need for job, plus have now got my battery in boot.

I not impressed with my billet fuel hanger bud couldn’t find anything in U.K. apart from radium triple hanger and also couldn’t find sensible way to attach an fitting to stock fuel hanger.

It’s a minefield of problems trying to do this I swear lol. In some ways wish I never started this build lol