The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Want rid of my supra. Thoughts?

Crash Bandicoot

imageimageimageimageimageimageThis morning, while working on my supra I hit a wall and lost my rag a bit, so I’ve decided to put it up for sale.

Putting it on here and not the classifieds before I get shafted for a crap advert and no proper pice.

Its a factory 6 speed RZ, single turbo, I’ve put ALOT of money and time into it.

Make/Model: TOYOTA SUPRA MK4 RZ-S

Year: 1997

Facelift: YES

Mileage: 72,000

MOT remaining: 2nd December 2020.

Service history: BUNDLE OF PAPERWORK AND RECEIPTS

Car's location: PLYMOUTH, DEVON

Modifications:

U.K. Spec brakes painted white with supra decals

UK spec drilled and grooved brake discs, recently fitted

18” Rota GTR-D alloy wheels with Achilles 123 semi slick tyres.

Oem sidekirts (fibreglass)

Wings west style front bumper splitter/lip no ears.

Carbon fibre front number plate surround

Oem optional rear window roof spoiler genuine

Rear spats

Celica GT steering wheel

Shine auto style rear diffuser

TRD spoiler with carbon blade have standard spoiler also

Genuine Hks sqv4 dump valve new

New mishimoto spec R front mount intercooler

RRC drag spec 4” titanium cat back exhaust system

New Pioneer sph-da120 head unit with apple play/ Bluetooth/ gps/ handsfree phone

Hks Turbotimer

New Aluminium large core radiator

Blitz dual solenoid boost controller

New Defi racer stand-alone exhaust gas temp gauge

New Defi racer stand-alone oil pressure gauge

New Defi racer stand-alone boost gauge

New AEM afr gauge with wideband sensor

Near new tein street advance coilovers

S2000 stubby aerial kit

New Titan 264 camshafts

New Titan cam pulleys

New door speakers all round with amplifiers and sound deadened doors/panels

HKS T04Z turbo (hybridised)

HKS GT T4 divided manifold

HKS 3.5” downpipe

HKS GT wastegate

Apexi power F.C. stand-alone ecu with Supra loom and handheld power commander

New Sard 850cc side feed injectors

New Walbro 450 fuel pump

Spec stage 3+ clutch

New Fuel lab fuel pressure regulator

New LED front indicators

New APR carbon fibre cooling panel

New Whifbitz carbon fibre fan shroud

New carbon fibre engine undertray

It’s currently mapped to 1 bar of boost, making 600bhp and 480ft/lbs. this can be easily mapped again to more boost pressure and see bigger figures with no other mods needed but I like to run it safely and the current power is more than enough for me.

Good bits:

It’s a factory 6 speed in factory colour, has a well known brand full single turbo kit with all the needed extras fitted.

It’s got relatively low mileage.

It has 170-175 psi across all cylinders with proof.

It’s had a bucket load of money spent on high end parts in the last year, the majority of them being brand new so won’t need replacing any time soon.

It has the usual RZ-S refinements, such as black headlining, black carpet, black oem leather front seats, and I have the original airbag to go with the car as it’s been replaced with the genuine hks electronics gauge pod.

It’s had a recent trip to SRD with Lee for the cams, cambelt, pulleys, waterpump, tensioner, mapping. Along with some other bits such as the cam covers being fully cleaned and painted, intercooler pipework modification.

Receipt here for £3,000.

Bad bits:

The main bad point with this supra is the fact it has original paint, being 22 years old now it’s definitely showing it’s age. My plan was to take the engine out over the winter and have a full oem colour exterior and engine bay respray.

The underside of the vehicle is in good condition, however the sills have been used as jacking points previously, not by myself. This has folded over in places non the less. I was going to have these straitened again when it would of been in for the respray.

Car has just been stripped, I’ve fully sound deadened the entire interior, I’ve got half way through flocking the interior panels, not a bad job at all. And the suspension on every corner has been fully super pro poly bushed and not had alignment yet. For anyone that has done this job knows it’s a pig, and takes ages to do right.

I’ve given up any want to finish it now.

I can put it all back together to a running road worthy car in about a week if needed, or new owner can take it as it is and finish the interior, respray etc.

Has all the makings to be an awesome supra,

I have everything here, every part, nothing missing and plenty of spares and new parts including: front and rear wondscreen seal, facelift front bumper grille etc.

I have literally given up putting all my effort into this car now and I’m looking to simply go and buy an r8/ r35 so that it has routine servicing and I can just enjoy it rather than chasing a forever ongoing dream of the supra being perfect. (It never happens)

If I were to carry on and finish it, I’d buy a new windscreen (old ones fine and still in) new rear 3/4 windows (both fine but I’m half way through cutting the driver side out. That’s about it spending wise needed... everything else it there. Plus more extras.

Price wise, if anyone is a serious buyer contact me. For ads sake, if I HAVE to put a price I will when asked and IT WILL BE PICKED OUT OF THIN AIR.

Price for adverts sake £30k (get in contact if your interested as this is just for advert rules)

Pro

Edited by Crash Bandicoot (see edit history)

Hi Noz, cheers for the kind words. Either way, if I have the supra, an r8 or an r35, when this all blows over anyone’s more than welcome to come over for a bbq or something! :thumbs:

Sounds good mate! Not many owners locally get together with cars like ours. So be a good trip down as not far either.

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely car there. Personally I'd hold on to it unless you're desperate to get rid, or you've seen some bargain price cuts for the other cars you're interested in. It's certainly turned to a buyers market in these economic times - or will do in the near future. GLWS!

If I had a penny for everytime I've heard that... :rolleyes:

You do know whats going on in the world atm? People are going to be far more cautious to spend. Having said that, you might get someone want to invest in it like some invest in fine art :)

And if you knew me you'd know I'd be the last person to talk Supra prices down. So go roll your eyes somewhere else :)