The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to bleed ABS block

jza800

After i have have all my brake lines apart and painting the abs block, i guess i need to bleed the Abs block.. i have bleed all 4 corners and got fluid out of all corners, when the engine is off the pedal is hard as i should, but if i start the car, after my opinion the brake pedal gets a little spongy, so i think i got air trapped in the Abs block. but how to i bleed the Abs block or how to i activate it without the special tool? the car brakes but again in my opinion the pedal is a little too spongy..

I used a pressure bleeder and with one corner cracked open turn on the ignition. And kept doing it until bled on all 4 corners.

I think turning the ignition on primes/starts the abs pump for a second.

I read this on the forum somewhere and it worked for me

But as my abs have been apart, there must be some air trapped in there, i the pedal get hard when the engine is of, but i think i drops to much when i start and it feels a little spongy so that's why i think there much some air trapped in the abs unit..

Only to need some tool, but i don't have that so maybe some in here have used another metode to get the abs pump to activate

Yes i have bleed many times, and No dirt or bubbles comes out. So that make me belive that the last place aircan be traped is in the abs unit. It worked Greg before i tolk the car apart.

But I dont have Any presssure bleeder, so it is done with 2 person, one in car and one at the wheel.

Edited by jza800 (see edit history)

How about driving the car and stamping on the brakes a several times so that the ABS activates and then bleed the brakes, that's what I've done in the past.

as the car is at storage due winter time , it would be nice if is was possible to activate it manual without driving it..