The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lotus Sport Exige

Nick

I think what you're seeing is the result of a custom built Exige for a certain someone's son of Petronas....who own Proton who own Lotus.

Lotus were asked to make him a wider longer Exige and make it an absolute track monster...

Sooo many people saw it and wanted it that I think they are considering building it...but I've not heard if it WILL be built or not.

Rover KV6

Hewland Sequential

AP Racing Pedal Box

AP Brakes

Racing Wheels only (Single Nut)

Ohlins Shock with remote resevoirs...oh yes this is a "proper job"!

However it's very unfinished!!! Look how many things are disconnected! lol

I'm failry certain that Evo magazine had an article on that car a while ago, i'll dig through my back issues and see if I can find which one it was.

Cheers,

Sherriff

Evo did a feature on the Elise GT1 which was very similar to this car only it had a 4.5 litre V8 twin turbo lump in it :D

Evo did a feature on the Elise GT1 which was very similar to this car only it had a 4.5 litre V8 twin turbo lump in it :D

Quite different really....one was to be a LeMans racer - the other is just the ultimate track day Exige....

The GT1 lives in Kent and was one of a few...as Digsy says that Exige is a one of a kind for now.

Quite different really....one was to be a LeMans racer - the other is just the ultimate track day Exige....

The GT1 lives in Kent and was one of a few...as Digsy says that Exige is a one of a kind for now.

The original ELise GT1 car had the race spec single turbo 3.5l V8 in it, and very nice it was too. However late in its development regs got changed to favour NA cars, so we dropped in an LT5 engine that we had laying around (5.7l if memory serves).

Sounds totally awesome.

If they did go into production, with a similar car - few more cabin refinements maybe and a bit more, everyday user friendly! - and, got the price right! - it would be a top seller I would bet.

Bye bye Porker - hello Lotus....

Still in total awe at the 400hp - outrageous!!