The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT failed - emissions

V0oD0o

Hi all,

Just failed my MOT on emissions. There was a vacuum hose that was leaking air which the guy fixed for me, he seemed to think that this might have affected a sensor somewhere down the line.

Whats the best course of action now?

Thanks.

Mike

Not sure what the question is?

Sounds like he fixed the reason for the failed emissions?

Does it stall fail?

If you have 0 CATs then it's likely to.

Either replace one of them (the centre one is easier rather than the downpipe one) and try again.

Or get a friendlier MOT station.

Regards

Pete

I reset the ECU and ran the car for about 20 mins, there was some white smoke. But it hasn't been run for about a week, I'm getting the retest tommorow, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Someone said that my lambda sensor may have gone... hope not.

Can anyone supply those front 1st cat pipes??? How much, and when you get rid, where do you put the sensor???

Mines just had the 2nd cat out and 2 1/2 pipe straight from the 1st cat and is bloody loud as out!!!! Would the 1st cat out make it even louder???? Think then it would be way too loud!

How can they test you on emissions being an "Import"? Is it on there screen?????

Paul

I know that sinking feeling when it fails on emissions. Mine did that last year. :(

For me it was the Lambda sensor that was dead. You can check the output from the sensor on the diagnostic terminal in the engine bay. (Can't remember how the particular terminal pin is labelled, sure someone will point it out to you shortly!) As you rev the engine you should see the output voltage rise and fall. If it stays at just a fraction of a volt with no variation, then you probably need a new one. I got mine from Chris Wilson (on this board.) for about £70 ish.

Easy to fit too. You can find the sensor screwed into the downpipe between the manifold and the first Cat.

Hope this helps.

:)

Guest Martin F
Originally posted by Brian Duff

(Can't remember how the particular terminal pin is labelled, sure someone will point it out to you shortly!)

OX1 if i remember correctly.

Guest Martin F
Originally posted by Darren

They put through the emissions as a Supra!! 2ZE;)

What's one of them then ?