The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick reminder about jap night at ace cafe

lui

I think lessons have been learnt, with any Supra TT you have to know how to drive it,

You see young guys with them who can afford the insurance but not experienced... you may as well give them a gun..

But everyone goes to the Ace for the entertainment

IF YOU ARE REALLY HONEST...

I feel this was unfortunate and maybe just lack of experience on Luis part in the car, and events ...

but true the speeds are getting out of hand up there...

This seems to be a bit of a witch hunt... it's mentioned on all forums and everyone is bad maouthing Lui which to be honest isn't really fair guys...

We have all done it up the Ace, we all put our foot down... why else would we have a jap performnce car??

Perhaps the guys who speed and act like dicks every month should think hard..

I have met Lui, he didn't come across a a boy racer, he was really proud of his car and was looking forward to Santa Pod etc as he has not long had it,

I think this is a real downer for him,

Humilating the guy like this all over the net I think is unfair and has turned into a bit of a witch hunt

Well thats my view...

Hope he was ok, and no one was injured.. THAT IS THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE PUTTING FORWARD.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think lessons have been learnt, with any Supra TT you have to know how to drive it,

Hope he was ok, and no one was injured.. THAT IS THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE PUTTING FORWARD.

Knowing how to drive a car and actually driving it like you know you should are 2 different things. I know how to drive my car. Occasionally I drive it in a manner I really shouldn't. If someone opened a door on me at times that door would probably get ripped right off. In this instance Lui was driving in a manner he shouldn't have been. He wasn't the only one but that doesn't mean you'll get away with it.

Its the way of life Lui will now have to put up with the shit he's gonna get just as I would if and when it ever happens to me. Sure he was probably unlucky but your odds aint great when you drive out of the envelope and the further out you go the more risk you take.

AS far as people being hurt goes it does say earlier on in this thread or the other one that no-one was hurt (apart from emotionally and financially) which is at least 1 thing.

No, its not a witch hunt... and in answer to your other statement " we have all done it up the Ace" No, I really havent, I travel there, I park my car, I go talk to mates and look at cars, have some food, then go... never exceeding the limit near the Ace... Whats the point of putting your foot down there? does it give you a buzz? does it make your cock grow?

Its not a witch hunt at all, I would condemn any of the cunts that speed up there... Its almost as bad as speeding past a school.. In fact, Ive standup arguments with some of the nobs that drive their cars too fast up there...

I think this thread should be locked anyway now, it pointless, there is always going to be idiots that speed up at the Ace... personally, I think they should put specs cameras there... might stop some accidents

This is good that everyone expresses their opinion,

This is what a forum is really about..

I too don't speed up there as I take my 12 year old lad with me.. we have been going since the very first meet

It has just come across that he has been made a bit of an example of, when there are many many people who drive fast there, it used to be a quick blast 1-2nd and that was it immediatley,

now you get idiots driving past above 30mph, not good in such a confined space I totally agree

I agree there should be more control there....

And no it doesn't make my cock grow with the buzz, I have a wife for that..

Thought this was a discussion about the Ace and how things are getting out of hand ??? not about my cock

I for one would be the first person to be gutted if it got shut down because of idiots,

There are some really great guys and Ladies that go there every month, and some real friends have been made over the years.

I agree lets put this discussion to bed now as some of the comments aren't really nice

Hope everyone has a great day at the Pod tomorrow and leaves the Racing for the Track

We have all done it up the Ace, we all put our foot down... why else would we have a jap performnce car??

So someone with only a few months in it should know how to drive it? Sorry, any car I've ever had has taken longer than that to gel with!

I've been to the Ace and no, I've not done it. Don't rise to fools :thumbdown

So someone with only a few months in it should know how to drive it? Sorry, any car I've ever had has taken longer than that to gel with!

MMM how well did you gel with your supe :) Ok that was a bit below the belt :D To be fair its mostly eejits in inadequate braking and handling cars that usually have problems with hitting things when they go too fast.

Bitch :p

Dunno about that never experienced it, mine was in man mode, constant speed, RLTC set to Wet, F1's with about 2k on them, alignment fully sorted. Go figure. Its an absolutely notorious roundabout I've since found out, yet the council do feck all about it.........

I think they actually did do something about it mate. They put f*ck off great big concrete blocks down the side of the road to stop people running off it :)

Yeah :rolleyes: Can't happen that often then for them to do that - heaven forbid they'd actually address the cause rather than the end......... :rolleyes: LOL!

How freaky, i think that Lui bloke came over and chatted to me whilst i was in the Fire-up lane for the drag strip at SantaPod yesterday, he was asking bout my TopSecret carbon bonnet and told me how he damaged his down the Ace last week, is this the same guy???

I was gonna pop down Ace last Tues night but was too tired from work and didn't wanna turn up too late in case the was no where safe to park and my car might get smashed-up by some exhibitionists, may have a been a good call afterall.

i say unlucky to the guy we all make mistakes. We have all taken undue risks in our time as drivers. (i would say anyone on here who says they havent would be lieing) Going over a 100 because you can is an undue risk, Overtaking a car on a long single stretch of road because its clear is a risk that doesnt need to be taken...bet u had to break the speed limit. Lui's risk, speeding down a clear road... when something door in this case made him crash.

If it was one of us going down a road at 100mph and a rabbit jumped out and smashed front bumper, we'd all be going sorry to hear that, nothing would be said of the speed.

Only people who should be condeming him are people who never broken the law driving wise.

P.s if you ever been to a meet, then im pretty sure you've broke th 70leptons mark ;)

Im prepared to be flamed :D

As an aside, do the guys whose cars got hit now claim the damages from Lui's insurance?

Well the owner of the Rover did a runner as his car was uninsurred or taxed so i guess it's only gonna be the beemer of claims.

Im prepared to be flamed

Your right mate. There are a fair few on here who have lost their cars to at low speed who havn't been given the same reaction.

Mate 100 on a road with a rabbit on it will be a 60 limit not a 30 limit in a city centre with cars parked on both sides which have doors, doors that can be opened at any moment. Two different things James. Thing is as well any accident that happens in public view cannot have spin placed upon it. Any accident that happens out of public view suddenly becomes a patch of diesel or some other excuse and there is no proving otherwise. Thats why stupidity of driving is best left to when you aren't going to get egg on your face.

50 in 40 i don't think too bad tbh but then that's just me.

Ah but 100 in a 30 is a bit excessive is it not?

Don't get me wrong I'm not harranging the guy. I've done it myself (albeit at gone midnight on a totally empty road but thats no justicfication). And I will agree that it was a damn assed stupid thing to do something I will never repeat.

OK, own up.... Who drove like a tit 100+ down there past the cafe and wrote of their car and someones Beemer and a calibra :thumbdown

Behaviour like that will get the meet closed down :thumbdown

I know what your saying mate, but the point i'm trying to make is if he was doing 100, even say 70 then it's a really big shame he didn't make Santa Pod coz he would have been pulling 9's all day long. The story has been taken and changed to make it sound better, classic chinese whispers. I don't really want to post on this anymore but i'm embarrased by some of the comments made by other members. I also notice that none of the people who were there the night have actually had a bad word to say, just the people who read the story.

I obviously spoke to Lui as he bought the car off me a couple of months back. He seemed like a nice guy, and a responsible driver to me. I guess the buzz of showing off got the best of him here.

Its a real shame to see all the Time and Money I spent on that car end up this way.

I feel sick seeing my old car look like that.

"Lui" - tut tut matey, I'll say no more as I'm pretty sure your feeling shit enough right now.

Hornet

I know what your saying mate, but the point i'm trying to make is if he was doing 100, even say 70 then it's a really big shame he didn't make Santa Pod coz he would have been pulling 9's all day long. The story has been taken and changed to make it sound better, classic chinese whispers. I don't really want to post on this anymore but i'm embarrased by some of the comments made by other members. I also notice that none of the people who were there the night have actually had a bad word to say, just the people who read the story.

Here here James well said.... We had a chat about this at the Pod on Sunday while you were waiting to go up the strip..

Correct the guys who go to the Ace regularly and know Lui, know the full story, so the slating and slagging off is not cool guys..

Very easy for some to slag him off calling him a c**t ( very friendly ) etc

which to be honest is not nice especially as we are all supposed to be enthiuasts of the Supra when they clearly don't know the facts and don't know Lui...

I doubt it it gave him a buzz or made made his cock grow bigger as has been mentioned before in this thread!!! by a very freindly chap

Some of the comments made have been embarrasing and nasty for a club ... friendly bunch!!!

It was caused mainly by an idiot in an uninsured car (apparantley) not just by Lui going to fast.. an unfortunate chain of events,

As you say to get the speeds being quoted in a few yards well he would be pulling 9's or less all day at the pod..

I'm not going to comment on this anymore as its been a bit of an eye opener, some comments made have been not nice

I have spoken to Lui, and he explained what happened. Although he is not blameless it appears to have been an unfortunate sequence of events. Not to mention my old pride and joy getting messed up.

I am sure the majority of us here have made mistakes and had accidents in the past. I am not excusing it at all, but some of the comments made are indeed a little out of order.

Knowing the facts and not commenting blindly would have been better here.

Lui is a nice guy and yes he had an accident, but what people have said in this thread has really got to him and you are putting him off this forum which is a real shame, as this forum is probably the best place to be for any Supra owner in the UK.

2p worth.

Hornet

I have spoken to Lui, and he explained what happened. Although he is not blameless it appears to have been an unfortunate sequence of events. Not to mention my old pride and joy getting messed up.

I am sure the majority of us here have made mistakes and had accidents in the past. I am not excusing it at all, but some of the comments made are indeed a little out of order.

Knowing the facts and not commenting blindly would have been better here.

Lui is a nice guy and yes he had an accident, but what people have said in this thread has really got to him and you are putting him off this forum which is a real shame, as this forum is probably the best place to be for any Supra owner in the UK.

2p worth.

Hornet

Well said.

If your reading Lui... chin up mate...

hope the car gets fixed very shortly and hope to see you back in the fold and enjoying the car and all the meets very shortly... there are many of us who have been quite disgusted and embarrased by some of the comments made on this subject, but shit happens and we move on...

Look forward to seeing you and the Supra very soon mate.

Hornet

You can tell that Lui was really enthusiastic about his new Supra from the first post in this thread, and we all know that enthusiasm and goading from others can lead to mistakes. Yeah Lui made a mistake, which unfortunately was in such a public place, and I'm really sorry that Lui has been shot down in such a public manner on here. The fact that this thread resurfaces every other day can't help the poor lad.

In my humble opinion I think this thread should now be locked so that we can all carry on with our lives, and not push a new member away. We've all learned from Lui's error of judgement (none more so than Lui himself) let's leave it at that, and hopefully he'll come back and benefit from the community.

that's my

2p worth

Mike

Mods can we lock this thread now please?