The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Patterned Concrete driveway advice

far

I looked into it but if you search there are lots of reviews from people that have had it done granted from different companies but it gives you a idea https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3049636 , https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=207&t=994643

Have you thought about coloured tarmac http://www.esc-surfacing.co.uk/coloured_tarmac.html

My parents have had this type of work done.

Looks great.

No major issues in the process or afterwards.

Needs resealing every couple of years for a cost of about £60.

I’ve even worked on the supra many times on the drive with no issues.

[ATTACH]227439[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]227440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]227441[/ATTACH]

Coloured tarmac is absolute rubbish (I presume you mean the resin type)

There is one of the major suppliers of patterned concrete materials near me called pics concrete (they are a nation wide company) maybe contact them and they may recommend somebody near you?

Coloured tarmac is absolute rubbish (I presume you mean the resin type)

There is one of the major suppliers of patterned concrete materials near me called pics concrete (they are a nation wide company) maybe contact them and they may recommend somebody near you?

Really you see it in zoo's and football stadiums it's very hard wearing ,water does not lay on the top as bad as it does with concrete and no way near as slippery

Really you see it in zoo's and football stadiums it's very hard wearing ,water does not lay on the top as bad as it does with concrete and no way near as slippery

My parents had it a few years ago and it all started breaking up after a few years for low maintenance patterned concrete but I still prefer proper block paving

A few of my neighbours have this, one it has lasted years and the other 6 months and started to crack. Think it all depends on who you use. We have block paving but obviously more up keep and out lay but 15 years on and still sound.

Maybe contact a plastic recycler in UK and design your own grid panel , get 1100 done at the depth you need ,after all it doesnt have to outlast the roman roads and you wont see any of it -pour in ready mix once down and rubber top coat in whatever colour you want -I would not go YELLOW , you will only attract Munchkins, tin men ,lions et al every day !!!!

Stay away from these muppets.

My neighbour had it done and had nothing but problems. Very unprofessional. Fred the owner drops 2 or 3 polish workers down your house and leaves them to work all day. They got dust all over my properly, very expensive cars and didn’t cover anything. The crap went everywhere.

I’m currently taking them to court over it.

It's hard to suggest what to do without knowing the layout , is it drive plus parking and how much drive versus how much parking , lastly the layout you have already is there an existing drive ?

The ground work depends on what you have already and so does the cost .

I always like to think a bit out of the box - the plastic reinforce grids come in about £8800 , these are fast laying 75sq M per hour , so labour costs reduce , but they are designed for gravel /pebbles infill - relatively cheap and easy

I would look at poured concrete into the plastic grids , something like £10000 , but the grid would support the concrete and reduce the need for shuttering and become very strong .

Not pretty as its concrete , so leave a top gap of 5 - 10 cm , now you can choose the top layer - gravel chippings (cheap) or the rubber chip in colours , maybe edge in brick .

Maybe a higher spec in parking areas or near house and lower for access road ?

Got to be 20k plus for the rubber layer more if you put complex patterns or logo like supra parking only ! -depends on size

As long as a slope for water runoff is added should last decades , whatever you do it's a dear job due size , and finding builders - good luck

We had it at our old house. Looked great at first then the surface sealer started to peel off, crack appeared a couple of years later and ultimately looked crap about 5 years down the line.

I wouldn't go this route again. I would either go with pebbles / gravel or tarmac with block paving around the edges.

H.