The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Import with a fog light switch?

Craigie460

Bit confused here. Car went in for MOT, fail. Fog light not working and fog lamp tell tail not working. So its a 1994 import but has a proper rear fog light switch on the stock with the rest of the switches for the headlamps? If this is an import why is there a fog lamp switch in the car, surely this isn't standard or is it but just not wired up on jap ones?? Looking for some clues before I go running a relay, wiring and a horrible lamp hanging off the rear bumper....

As others have said the fog switch on stalk is for front fogs built into headlights. Rear fogs have to be fitted on import. Usually using the mod on here to work with rear lights or fitting separate fog under the bumper.

Cheers for the info lads. Never realised I had front fogs!

Got a few other MOT fails to get stuck into first then I'll take a look at the fog.

Drift_bear I'm in Arbroath

Not to far then, keep an eye on the Scottish section for the meets starting up again dude