The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec front brake piston seals

griffsplace

I am in the process of re-building my callipers, and struggling to get the piston seals back on. I bought some new one off fleabay and they at a bit different than my originals.

Does any one know if these are just wrong or know of a guide for how they go together.

On the left are the new ones, on the right are the old ones.

IMAG1018a.jpg

The seals push over the pistons and onto the caliper and are held in place by the wire clip

They look right to me as long as they're the correct diameter

I've added a photo of the Seal kit for UK calipers and a caliper i rebuilt, the inner diameter of the seal fits into the groove on the piston, the outer diameter onto caliper where i've arrowed it then secured to the caliper by the wire split ring

calipers009 (6).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l300 (1).jpg

calipers009.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I cant remember but I think it was something to do with the position of where you have the piston that caused this , think you have to put the seal on the piston then push it all the way down with the boot on then put the ring on, if the piston is up abit it would cause the boot to curl at the calliper . Or that might have been the old ones that had perished i do remember something though