The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tesla Roadster 2 - 0-60 1.9s, 8 second 1/4 miles. 620 mile range, who wants one?

and1c

Wouldn’t buy one though. Full electric doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest.

Why not? Heres the perfect car that outperforms everything on the road in every respect, and you're not interested?!

Electric is the future though so you'll have to get on board at some point. Personally Id love one.

Would like to have a look/go of one of these,

Orders being taken now, no doubt the likes of stobarts & the likes will want to be ahead of the rest giving them more advertising opportunities.

0-60. 5 secs

Guaranteed it won't break down for a million miles.

/QUOTE]

Awesome. Elon Musk is the future for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? Heres the perfect car that outperforms everything on the road in every respect, and you're not interested?!

Electric is the future though so you'll have to get on board at some point. Personally Id love one.

Agreed! High on the wanted list!

Whilst the technology coming out of the musk camp is brutally excellent..

IMO electric isn't the future at all.

The amount of waste and co2 emissions to produce the batteries never mind the massive increase of national grid power we'd need if everybody was charging a car every night. Not to mention that the UK doesent even produce enough power for ourselves right now as we've closed all the power stations & import most of the power from Europe i'd imagine that cost increases more in the future.

Oh and replacing those batteries every 5-7 years? tesla currently has the price of their model S batteries to be around 20-40,000 USD. This would mean the 2nd market for these cars would be terrible.

This sums it up just fine for me.

http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/var/albums/Electric-Car-Memes/Electric%20Car%20Meme%20-%2010.jpg?m=1395364022

We should be looking at other means of fuel. Hydrogen cells would be great however the production of liquid hydrogen is just as bad really.

We should be looking at other means of fuel. Hydrogen cells would be great however the production of liquid hydrogen is just as bad really.

Toyota have a hydrogen car coming out, although not quite on the same performance level as the tesla [emoji23]

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/new-mirai/landing#?gclid=CNndxLeg6NcCFRQtGwodTCsNRw&gclsrc=ds&dclid=CO6X2reg6NcCFVPgGwodJdYLkA

And I didn't realise the prius has been around for 20 years!

Whilst the technology coming out of the musk camp is brutally excellent..

IMO electric isn't the future at all.

The amount of waste and co2 emissions to produce the batteries never mind the massive increase of national grid power we'd need if everybody was charging a car every night. Not to mention that the UK doesent even produce enough power for ourselves right now as we've closed all the power stations & import most of the power from Europe i'd imagine that cost increases more in the future.

Oh and replacing those batteries every 5-7 years? tesla currently has the price of their model S batteries to be around 20-40,000 USD. This would mean the 2nd market for these cars would be terrible.

This sums it up just fine for me.

http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/var/albums/Electric-Car-Memes/Electric%20Car%20Meme%20-%2010.jpg?m=1395364022

This picture sums it up perfectly. It’s pretty simple really i don’t know how people can’t see it. Let’s not foget how damaging it is to actually produce these cars

This picture sums it up perfectly. It’s pretty simple really i don’t know how people can’t see it. Let’s not foget how damaging it is to actually produce these cars

Because driving an electric / clean car means you are saving the planet more than anyone else........ apparently.

I think "outperforming everything on the road in every respect" is a big stretch, I swear Tesla haven't got a single car to perform on a track for any notable amount of time. It's incredible technology, but I really don't think the 'Sunday drivers' are the target audience here.

I think "outperforming everything on the road in every respect" is a big stretch, I swear Tesla haven't got a single car to perform on a track for any notable amount of time. It's incredible technology, but I really don't think the 'Sunday drivers' are the target audience here.

Its not a track car though, its a road car, much like the Supra isn't a track car, its a GT car.

It will be interesting to how this will play out. The national grid in winter is at breaking point on occasions and electricity has to be brought in from other means, hydro, solar etc. The addition of a car outside every house will certainly send us over the edge. This is a long time away and there is also the issue of whether you can actually park your car at home or on the street etc.

Charging up and planning is ok but what about emergencies, traffic jams, where you may not get as far as you thought?

H.

It will be interesting to how this will play out. The national grid in winter is at breaking point on occasions and electricity has to be brought in from other means, hydro, solar etc. The addition of a car outside every house will certainly send us over the edge. This is a long time away and there is also the issue of whether you can actually park your car at home or on the street etc.

Charging up and planning is ok but what about emergencies, traffic jams, where you may not get as far as you thought?

H.

Surely the running out thing is only the same as running out of petrol? They will all end up towing trailers with solar sails on!

Electric cars aren’t there yet, too many drawbacks to list. The only way they will work as a true alternative is with true 300+ mile ranges and sub 15 minute charges. I don’t think they will ever achieve that, not sure it’s possible without some sort of nuclear charge point [emoji23]

Cool car though and amazing achievement. I just don’t think it’s the future. But who knows...

Surely the running out thing is only the same as running out of petrol? They will all end up towing trailers with solar sails on!

Solar sail trailers, get that idea patented and registered with Mr Musk.

You can also fill up with petrol / diesel in 2 mins. Try that with a dead electric car 100 miles from home..:blink:;)

I won't be taking the plunge anytime soon. Smallest engine we have is a 2.2 Diesel and 3 cars over 3 litres on petrol....:D

H.

Hydrogen cell is the way forward. this is like beta max and vhs, the better one isn't being invested in.

It’s not the way forward.

It requires more electricity then electric cars do and doesn’t actually give you that much.

There has been far too much hype over hydrogen fuel cells.

It’s great but is not the way forward.