The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra not starting - Meta alarm/immobilizer not working

TCZ-Michael

So I bought my supra last July with this alarm/immobilizer already installed and it worked fine for a long time, one day the plug in fob that disengaged the immobilizer stayed in the disabled state so I no longer had to plug it in each time before starting the car (central locking and alarm still functioned as normal. Before the immobilizer would normally come back on after switching the car off and arming the alarm).

A few months back I had the battery disconnected for around 2 months while I was waiting for a replacement rectifier for the alternator, I reconnected the battery and the immobilizer came back online and I had the plug the circuit fob in to disengage it again which worked fine and the car started but again the immobilizer stayed in the disengaged state.

So fast forward to now I had the battery disconnected again and when I reconnected it the immobilizer activated again but now when I plug the fob in it does not disengage the immobilizer and the car wont start. I am wondering if anyone has knows how to reset this or what I need to do now.

The device I have in the car is very similar to this one, I am not sure of the exact model number yet.

https://www.vehicletrackingtech.co.uk/meta-m43-immobiliser.html

IMAG0871.jpg

Edited by TCZ-Michael (see edit history)

I haven’t got one of these but my system is similar,when I get in the car if I start the car within 10 secs ,it starts if not put ignition to on and push the button on the fob ,or put the plug in .

Best bet would be to ring that company in your link .

So I bought my supra last July with this alarm/immobilizer already installed and it worked fine for a long time, one day the plug in fob that disengaged the immobilizer stayed in the disabled state so I no longer had to plug it in each time before starting the car (central locking and alarm still functioned as normal. Before the immobilizer would normally come back on after switching the car off and arming the alarm).

A few months back I had the battery disconnected for around 2 months while I was waiting for a replacement rectifier for the alternator, I reconnected the battery and the immobilizer came back online and I had the plug the circuit fob in to disengage it again which worked fine and the car started but again the immobilizer stayed in the disengaged state.

So fast forward to now I had the battery disconnected again and when I reconnected it the immobilizer activated again but now when I plug the fob in it does not disengage the immobilizer and the car wont start. I am wondering if anyone has knows how to reset this or what I need to do now.

The device I have in the car is very similar to this one, I am not sure of the exact model number yet.

https://www.vehicletrackingtech.co.uk/meta-m43-immobiliser.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]223795[/ATTACH]

So I got the model number of the system - Meta systems - M99T2 it seems to be an older system - The kit in that link is very similar to the kit installed in the car

• 2 weeks later...