The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Wheel bearings - Is there a how to?

evinX

Are there any guides out there showing how to pull the rear hubs and strip it all down to the knuckles? id like to see how this is done, cheers, Kev

I have done mine a few times, there easy to do. Cant remember seeing a how to on here but just to let you know make sure you replace the hub as well as the bearing. First time I done mine I just replaced the bearing it still made a noise due to the hub so I had to replace the bearing again

I have done mine a few times, there easy to do. Cant remember seeing a how to on here but just to let you know make sure you replace the hub as well as the bearing. First time I done mine I just replaced the bearing it still made a noise due to the hub so I had to replace the bearing again

Hi, I have new bearings ready to go on and have bought a press for the winter re-build. Was not planning replacing the hubs, what happens to them that they need replacing

Hi, I have new bearings ready to go on and have bought a press for the winter re-build. Was not planning replacing the hubs, what happens to them that they need replacing

They can get worn on the hubs where the bearings push in, i have read a few have suffered from it so it is a known possibility. Not a chance im going take mixing new and used parts