The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are Supe Drivers getting the mentality of BM drivers?

Guest chiefvinso

Guest chiefvinso

I joined this forum and thought it would be a good place to get knowledge (which it is) but also maybe meet a few other supe drivers. I have had a few spottings up here in middlesbrough and given the wave or a honk on the horn but nothing back.

First one is a lime green on the A19 adjoining the A66 to boro on sat arvo (this is the second time I have seen him and his male passenger) - totally blanked me, again. Then I saw a white a white one with a modded toyota emblem with a smooted out flat spoiler and an old man driving (mid 40's), yet another ignore.

My car is pretty standard and these were slightly modded external wise - do they think that they are better cos they have modded the externals? :stickpoke

Anyhow, met up with a supe driver in the area and he was a good lad so 1 out of 3 is pretty good - the rest need to pick their heads out of their arses. :taped:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iblanked me, again. Then I saw a white a white one with a modded toyota emblem with a smooted out flat spoiler and an old man driving (mid 40's), yet another ignore.

Thats Michel Lane from this board, I don't think its intentional, he loves the Supra and comes to loads of meets.

lmao @ the old man! He'll love that.

Gaz.

So at 47 I'm now an old fart. Perhaps I better get rid of my supra, stop waving, smiling at other owners when I see them and join a less ageist forum.

I wouldn't class you in the old fart category. Give it another three years. :D

Also I wasn't saying old was bad, more that old IMHO = more likely to ignore me.

Guest chiefvinso
So at 47 I'm now an old fart. Perhaps I better get rid of my supra, stop waving, smiling at other owners when I see them and join a less ageist forum.

Sorry m8, not ageist - just a bit unhappy that such a nice car that you dont see many about, so I had a pop at him being old. It was just to get a reaction, I'll be that old in 20 years time. :D

Rofl old man/mid 40s :D

I usually give a wave / flash when I see another Supra on the road, I dont always get it back but it doesnt matter to me - not everyone who drives their cars feel about them in the same ways as we do... and its certainly not the case that every Supra owner in on this or the other forum.

:limp: oooo hark at her! :) That "old fart" (and he was one... trust me... I spotted his nasal hair before I spotted the Sup) was just one of them. Also had a young lad just plain ignore me (done the same to a few on here). Never mind... if I ever see you on a bus.... you can have my seat ;) :ok2:

Guest chiefvinso
Thats Michel Lane from this board, I don't think its intentional, he loves the Supra and comes to loads of meets.

lmao @ the old man! He'll love that.

Gaz.

Cool, is his number plate P ** MRE? Shall wait for a ticking off then! :)

Same here......although I'm on the IMOC which covers all 3 MR2's and a mk1 club member too.

the mk2's and 3's are totally different in my eyes........

mk2's driven my most MR2 owners......mk3's driven by women......mk1's tend to be for the elder...or the youngsters with knowledge of the cars.....i.e. know their true capabilities.

`Ray` that might be me.... I travel up and down the M4 and round Reading/Slough daily. If it is me then I`m not ignoring you just concentrating on `Mondeo Man` from pulling out in front of me and causing a pile up (I love the M4 in rush hour!!!)

I always wave to other owners, however there is one guy who travels the M4 with what looks like a stock `Saphire Blue` TT who definately blanks you. Have even pulled up alongside him and he has only then forced himself to awknowledge me!!!

Guest chiefvinso

Oh thats ok then, I just thought that cos I had a standard looking supe and they had theirs modded that they must think that I am below them. I just like all supras and see the owners as exclusive - maybe I need to feel more loved (pam and her five sisters will help later!!)