The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My pride and joy!

Chris Bailey

As some of you know I was lucky enough to have this beauty as my second car, I'm very lucky to have this at 22 years old. Such a pleasure to drive, ok it's not the fastest thing on the planet but it's brilliant fun if you keep it in the power band above 5000rpm. Handles like its on rails, although the standard primary 3 tyres aren't great, will be changing them for some pilot sport 3/4's in the near future. I've made a few subtle mods in the past few months since I've owned it. Below is a list of parts I've fitted so far, mainly cosmetic things.

K&N panel filter

Apexi rad cap

Password JDM engine bay bolts

Pressed plates

Perrin brake reservoir cover

Future plans are

Catback exhaust

25/30mm lowering springs or coilovers

18" wheels

Here are some pictures I took tonight after a clean, hope you like :thumbs:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Very nice. My son has just recently bought one in burnt orange. I was lucky enough to get a drive of it over the weekend and I was very impressed, good firm suspension but comfortable, great feedback from the steering wheel and enough poke to make it fun. Seats were nice and comfortable and I liked the interior. Yours looks great in white.

You have that looking great, what they like to drive

Brilliant...

Great feedback through the steering wheel, easy to have fun in. As I said the standard tyres aren't great for grip as they are from a Prius. But don't let that put you off as its still wicked fun. The driving position is spot on and the seats are very supportive. You just have to look on YouTube at the reviews to tell you how good they are for the price.

Very nice - same engine as Subaru imprezza of old? Boxer?

Was in Mr T showroom today and they had one alongside a friggin Prius! Chalk and cheese.

Yeah it's the FA20 engine, which is the 2.0 N/A. Great platform for performance upgrades and can handle 300bhp on standard internals. If you want more than that then it's forged internal time. Even in standard trim with 200bhp/151lbft it's a hoot to drive. Bearing in mind it weighs circa 1200kg.

Very nice , saw one in white and it looked stunning

Just be careful swapping out for bigger wheels, I am sure you know the whole ethos of the car is the usable power band with the ability to get the backend out and have some fun at sensible speeds, its all down to the wheel/tyres spec / design

MX5 was the most fun I had in a car on the public road within public limits , I imagine this is stunning to drive