The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passenger side front lower suspension arm + window bump stop

griffsplace

MY car passed the MOT but was still pulling hard left when the steering wheel was released. Took it for alignment and they showed me that the ball joint was goosed if you wobble the wheel side to side.

So does anyone have a low mileage version still in decent condition for the passenger side or am I facing a new one (ouch).

Also following the car having a previous smashed side window replacement the round blue bump stop the screws into the glass is missing, stopping me from setting the close height properly.

I'd get it on a ramp and see if you can get all the eccentric adjusters undone first, very common for them to seize

and be nigh on impossible to get off in one piece or allow you to adjust the settings

Ball joint is an integral part of the arm mate. If the ball joint is toast you need a new/very good used arm.

What Dunk is suggesting is to ensure that when you do go to fit the replacement arm that you can remove the old one without much grief. If the caster & camber adjusters aren't free to rotate in their housings you will probably need these parts too as they are usually sacrificed to get the job done once corrosion has taken hold. So first thing to do is check their condition and, if necessary, have them to hand before disabling your car or you will be without it until do can source the adjusters.

Ah got what you mean now. I was asking for the whole arm cause that what I had sussed, will have a look at the other bits and try not to bust them removing the arm. I am not going to do it until I have fixed the broken spring on my other car, so it can be off the road a while.

I have just been trying to explore other avenues before putting my hand in my pocket for £370 for a 'kin goosed ball joint. I did see japspeed adjustables for £500 per pair that looked good but no one has any left in stock.

The Japspeed stuff is false economy.

You'll replace several of those arms before a new OE arm would fail again.

I might be dreaming here but I seem to recall hearing that Blueprint offer replacement arms for the Soarer and these might just be identical to the Supra arms. Worth checking.

I was suggesting making sure all the other eccentric adjusters come undone and rotate freely inside the bushes

allowing you to set up the geometry, i went to get the alignment done on my car and 3 of the adjusters were seized

solid which the alignment place could sort out, i had to get the car back to my local garage and then wait for new arms and adjusters to arrive from Toyota.

There are 4 on the front lower arms doing the caster and camber and 4 on the rear arms doing the camber and toe.

If you haven't already try Keron in the traders section, he might have lower front arms available from his breakers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.