The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Favourite Engine Swapped Cars

j_jza80

What are peoples favourite engine swapped cars?

I've been toying with the idea of getting a MK1 MX5 / Eunos Roadster as a daily for a little while, which pointed my in the direction of the Rocketeer MX5. Basically a MK1 MX5 with a 3.0 all alloy V6 from a Jaguar S-type (developed by Cosworth). I bet that's a lot of fun in such a light little car :cool:

Otherwise, I love the RB engined 240z's, like those of Rocky Auto Japan (their Hakosukas are also incredible), and Sung Kang's 'Fugu-Z'

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/05/old-meets-new-rocky-autos-rb30-powered-fairlady-z/

LS Swapped RX7's are amazing things when done right. :cool:

[video=youtube;6Pay_-WMK_Y]

Old Mazdas with an FR RX7 rotary lump with loads of extra chambers added. I think 6 is the record so far :cool:

Oh, and anything with an aeroplance engine is immediately cool.

[video=youtube;J-I3Cl1RICg]

I wonder if an IS350 v6 would fit in an MX5...

It looks like it might, as it loos like a pretty narrow angle engine. But the beauty about the Jaguar / Cosworth engine used in the S Type is that they're dirt cheap, readily available, lightweight, provide decent power and economy for the capacity, and a version of it is also used in some Mazdas in the US.

A fabricator I know has been helping someone local build a locost with the 2.5l version of this engine, now fitted withtubular manifolds and bike carbs, and it sounds amazing :cool:

I like the look of this and enquired about it before buying my current supra

Looks like a very well carried out LS2 v8 RX7

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162460955318

Sensible ride height, no ludicrous body kits, engine air intake done with style, no lurid hose colours,

no comic wheels and tyres, gets my vote as a probably well executed conversion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217994[/ATTACH]

Currently been following the building of this on instagram. That's all stuffed into a Peugeot 106

That is just so WRONG. Given the obvious vast amount of money thrown at the project he might have put the engine in the middle where it belongs, and driving the rear wheels.

Has anyone considered a 3gr-fse 3.0 v6 swap from the GS300? 250 ish out of the box and bolts to the RA62 6 speed manual. A lot lighter than a 2zj and has D4s, dual vvti, peak torque at 3600rpm and I reckon would quite easily push 300hp with some good mapping and a better exhaust. A (or a pair of) rotrex supercharger would a nice bolt on in a Supra I reckon.