The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any high power supra's with competition clutches?

GTR RGT

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replies,

I want to know if said clutches can take the power and if they can - are people just being pussies with the general feel,living day-to-day,noise etc Because if I install one, I honestly don't mind a hard pedal, noise etc and it would be the cheapest clutch I've ever bought - apart from the run-around shit box of course :p

I have the highest spec competition clutch, I believe it's stage 5. The clutch pedal is indeed hard, but you get used to it. Feels perfectly normal to me now. Car is running around 850hp and over 700 ft lbs torque so yes it can handle quite a lot of power.

In terms of noise, nothing to comment about sounds normal. Only annoying thing is reversing, the whole car judders a lot. That said, not sure if it's just a supra thing as a friends supra does the same.

I have the highest spec competition clutch, I believe it's stage 5. The clutch pedal is indeed hard, but you get used to it. Feels perfectly normal to me now. Car is running around 850hp and over 700 ft lbs torque so yes it can handle quite a lot of power.

In terms of noise, nothing to comment about sounds normal. Only annoying thing is reversing, the whole car judders a lot. That said, not sure if it's just a supra thing as a friends supra does the same.

Awesome, just the info I needed thanks.

Car is running around 850hp and over 700 ft lbs torque so yes it can handle quite a lot of power..

On a separate note, are you still running a stock engine dude? All been good at that power level? Can I ask what boost you're running?

Thanks.

On a separate note, are you still running a stock engine dude? All been good at that power level? Can I ask what boost you're running?

Thanks.

Broke two stock crank pulleys and an LSD so far. Fortunately, the engine itself has been fine so far with no issues.

It's running 2.1 bar, but setup to run progressively. runs 1.5bar at peak torque and ramps up to 2.1 bar for the last 300-400 revs. It's worth mentioning that I don't run it on the highest boost reguarly to help prolong the engine.