The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk front bumper and active spoiler

simon197911

• 2 weeks later...
So after lying to a member about this car so you could buy it instead of them. You have stripped, parted out and are now selling the rolling shell.

Now that is what I call Club Spirit :clap:

When I first read about that high mile car for sale I immediately thought it would be snapped up only to return as a 'Low mileage' v160 and 2JZ for sale

So after lying to a member about this car so you could buy it instead of them. You have stripped, parted out and are now selling the rolling shell.

Now that is what I call Club Spirit :clap:

If your referring to the rolling shell on Facebook, it's a j-spec shell

People on here piss me off they don't know what they're talking about never do their homework jump to conclusions just to let the record straight I never sneaked the car of no one I took a big risk on the car I bought it blind without even looking at it

If your referring to the rolling shell on Facebook, it's a j-spec shell

Not too sure tbh, just going on what was mentioned during a conversation with another member. I don't do social media. If this is wrong then I apologise but the other part about lying to a member on here still stands as per previous discussions in a thread on here.

Not too sure tbh, just going on what was mentioned during a conversation with another member. I don't do social media. If this is wrong then I apologise, but the other part about lying to a member on here still stands as per previous discussions in a thread on here.

I'd like to know where this is because I have lied to no one

People on here piss me off they don't know what they're talking about never do their homework jump to conclusions just to let the record straight I never sneaked the car of no one I took a big risk on the car I bought it blind without even looking at it

Not getting in a argument about this and I will be posting once on your response mate.

We spoke on the phone, about this car. You told me it wasn't even worth breaking, you said it had holes everywhere and to avoid it. The engine/gearbox would need a rebuild, amongst other things and that it was pretty much a dog car etc etc...

I'm saying no more about the matter now as it's done and dusted.

Enjoy your car!!

I've just spoken to a guy that knows much more than me with Supra's and has viewed this also, it's actually an absolute wreck. Worth maybe 2k. Engine and gearbox needs rebuilding straight away, even the horn and wipers don't work, the underneath has holes everywhere. After all this discussion im out. Thanks to everyone who has replied on this.

the other member (not naming and names) said he did go to look at it, and it wasn't even worth breaking.. the engine did sound nice but wasn't worth it, the gearbox would be on its way out, and as with all the pipes and hoses the way they were, obviously said the underside was full of big holes, the wipers and horn didn't even work.

Well this is just a quick update, found out Simon197911 here on the forum bought this car, low and behold he was the one that told me on the phone to avoid the car and do not buy it, because of all the holes underneath, and such that I clearly missed these (?) well I can say the car was rusty on the roof (which is a structural bad sign anyway)

Bit pee'd off that he did this to me so he can just buy himself, but my own fault for trusting someone I hardly no.

Well it's just a shame we have these types of people out for there own good on our forum, i thought the supra forum was more mature and honest, changed a lot from years ago. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't planned that it would be a family restoration project to bring everyone together more.

Previous owner of 20yrs would be gutted to see this I think. Can't believe my eyes.

Can't say I've looked through his posts but I can see what type of guy he is after what he's done to me.

Just feel sorry for the car now.

Quick edit:- told the previous owner about what happened and his reply is as follows..

Hi luke

The bastard! He promised me that he was going to restore the car, ah well so

much for people's word. There's no way I would have sold him the car if he

was going to be a wrecker. As a troll, from Newcastle, he had no knowledge of

the car, as I said. Thanks for the update but I'm genuinely saddened that

my lovely car is being chopped, it was too good for that.

Thanks again and good luck in your search for a supra

John

I have lied to no one

Not getting in a argument about this and I will be posting once on your response mate.

We spoke on the phone, about this car. You told me it wasn't even worth breaking, you said it had holes everywhere and to avoid it. The engine/gearbox would need a rebuild, amongst other things and that it was pretty much a dog car etc etc...

I'm saying no more about the matter now as it's done and dusted.

As people on here clearly don't know what we are talking about maybe you could enlighten us all and add your input to this. After all your protestation I am surprised at your silence on the matter, i'm guessing you would rather stay quite and keep your head down in the hope it all goes away? Is this because of the Ben Newell/UGP connection or something else? Guilt maybe?

I will also add that anymore pm's to me regarding this matter aren't required, what ever you have to say to me can be posted in this thread or if you wish you can say it to my face instead. One last thought though, perhaps you should stop haranguing members on their mobile phones. I would be sure that sort of behaviour is tantamount to harassment. :Popcorn:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been doing my homework on this and have had help to put everything together.

I was called by this guy (supra-love) when he wanted to buy my silver tt. After calling a few times, he decided he wanted it, then didn't.

I thought that was the end of it all. I sold the car to another guy a few days later.

I then get another phone call from supra-love asking about a black tatty car, of which I assumed he was talking about the eBay special, the

black one that had lived in a field. I had been to see this car, and like everyone else on here, agreed that it was too rough. I explained my

findings to him, told him I walked away from it as it wasn't worth doing and would cost a fortune to put right.

My first contact with the owner on the black uk spec high mileage car I've just bought started on the 16th of feb on the phone, then over text, as can be seen by the screenshots below. I didn't agree to buy it from him until the 19th. I bought the car blind, having never seen it, and only took the word

of the seller, as can also be seen by the screenshots. The car arrived to me on the back of a recovery truck on the 24th of feb.

Supra-love posted on here about this high mileage black supra before I was even aware it existed. He took advice from numerous people who

said it would cost a fortune to rebuild, some of those members have commented in here on this post too. In the screenshots below you'll see that he even

went and viewed the car in person. Now, from the description I gave (as he's kindly wrote above) surely anyone with half a brain could

check for holes, check the horn and wipers work, check for holes in pipes etc? It's also been pointed out by a member (and supra-love

agreed) that I must have been talking about the wrong car.

I tried calling supra-love twice last night to ask what was actually going on, and to clarify if we were indeed talking about the same car

or not, but he didn't pick up. Given that he has gone and told other members about this yet didn't have the decency to actually speak to me

and instead accuse me of harassing him, I can't do much more than I have. I prefer to call people and speak directly, rather than launch a witch

hunt on the forums, something that seems quite accepted on here nowadays.

Here's some screenshots.

1 - j_jza80 confirming it's going to need a lot of money spent on it

2 - j_jza80 stating it would cost £25k to restore

3 - supra-love stating it wasn't the barn find car and that I could have been talking about the barn find car

4 - supra-love listing the faults I had mentioned from the barn find car (simple faults that he could have easily checked when viewing it)

He also states 'I'M SURE IT'S CONFUSED WITH THE BARN FIND'

5 - Scooter asking supra-love if he'd seen and driven the car and stating that there's obviously some confusion somewhere

6 - Dnk stating 'I was about to say has the other member been looking at the barn find'

7 - supra-love stating he had been to look at the car, but the 'other member really did put me off though AND SO DID THE MEMBERS HERE AFTER

SAYING I'LL BE SPENDING LIKE 25K

To top it all off, in the same screenshot, SUPRA-LOVE replied to DNK's comment of 'I was about to say has the other member been looking at

the barn find' with 'MUST HAVE BEEN MATE'.

How much clearer can this honestly be? If Supra-Love and DNK and everyone else reading it are convinced I was talking about the wrong car,

how can he then blame me for turning him away from it? I hadn't even seen the thing (again, as can be seen by my messages to the guy). In

the words of the owner (quoted from his text message), were you the time waster, the tyre kicker or the dickhead? The fact that ben works

on my cars (and a lot of others) has nothing to do with this in any way.

I'm very frustrated by the conclusions jumped to by this forum, the finger pointing, the bad mouthing and the downright antagonistic nature

by some members. You go on about reporting me to the mods for this, but it's fine to sit there and stir the pot? This has been turned into

a Spanish inquisition with absolutely no need whatsoever. All supra-love had to do was pick up the phone!

I've said all I want to and will now be drawing a line under this whole thing. Not that it's relevant, the car does indeed need a complete mechanical overhaul and is going to cost a fortune!

I tried calling supra-love twice last night to ask what was actually going on, and to clarify if we were indeed talking about the same car

or not, but he didn't pick up. Given that he has gone and told other members about this yet didn't have the decency to actually speak to me

and instead accuse me of harassing him, I can't do much more than I have

He did no such thing, not to me anyway. As someone that is fed up with others jumping to conclusions, you are doing a very good job if it yourself. The pot calling the kettle black.

You go on about reporting me to the mods for this, but it's fine to sit there and stir the pot?!

I didn't report anything to the mods. If the mods are contacting you or watching you then it is your behaviour on this forum that is raising concerns and suspicions. Nothing else. If you choose to associate and do business with dodgy members then expect some sort of fall out.

Working my way thought that nonsensical trite it's everyone else who is at fault and your are just the innocent bystander, get a grip. You come across as a parasitical entity who is only out for himself and who never gives anything back to the club. Good, long standing and trustworthy members on here will speak out if they see something untoward, that is what this club has always been about. Looking out for others, making sure people don't get shafted and trying to keep the club spirt going.

If you don't like this then I suggest you do one but of course you know which side your bread is buttered, why shoot yourself in the foot unless you really have to.

Thou doth protest too much methinks.

He did no such thing, not to me anyway. As someone that is fed up with others jumping to conclusions, you are doing a very good job if it yourself. The pot calling the kettle black.

didnt you say

One last thought though, perhaps you should stop haranguing members on their mobile phones. I would be sure that sort of behaviour is tantamount to harassment.

Ok so I'll reply..

Yes correct I did contact about the silver supra you had as I was genuinely interested. You sent me pics we spoke ok the phone about it yes.

I did call you back a second time to ask if it had sold just out of interest and it had, we then spoke about the black supra.

I did say on the phone exactly what car it was, and where it was and all the details I had on it. We never mentioned a barn/field find...

I thought maybe you had been muddled with the barn find, but thinking about it we went into good detail and we were talking about the same car on the phone... I have no reason to lie mate, especially on a forum I have made good friends with.

You have been trying to ring me but I'm not interested in being rowed with in front of my family at home. After the abusive message you sent to frank I'm not interested.

And I haven't accused anyone of harassment to anyone.

I did take members advice on the car, and your statement about it on the phone made my final decision. Either way im happy I didn't buy it now I've got a much better one.

Have fun. I'm out now! I'm here to enjoy the forum, my car and the people. Don't need this.

didnt you say

Yes I did, but he didn't say anything to me about it. I will reiterate what I said above again in the hope it sinks in, as someone that is fed up with others jumping to conclusions you are doing a very good job if it yourself.

i never said you did, that was quoting j_jza80

Then you need a better command of the English language. Go read back what you said and you will see why.

pass the popcorn [emoji16]

/QUOTE]

No popcorn needed. All the information, quotes and links are available in this thread for all to read. :)

Anyway, just like Supra-love I am done with this thread and won't be posting anymore. I'm here to enjoy the forum and my car. Onwards and upwards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.