The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Its arrived

sidewaysdan

Looks great mate and reasonable price too. I'm looking at getting a ramp in April but not sure which yet. Ideally 2 post but may have height issues too as joists are fairly low albeit the main uprights could be positioned in the gaps, still the lift height would be limited.

Assume you can access suspension etc behind wheels on this as all wheels have to be on ramp?

Looks great mate and reasonable price too. I'm looking at getting a ramp in April but not sure which yet. Ideally 2 post but may have height issues too as joists are fairly low albeit the main uprights could be positioned in the gaps, still the lift height would be limited.

Assume you can access suspension etc behind wheels on this as all wheels have to be on ramp?

/QUOTE]

I do not think wheels are on the ramp mate, car is being held on seals.

I do not think wheels are on the ramp mate, car is being held on seals.

Sills, I think your phone meant? ;) But talking of seals, I would be REALLY worried if a hydraulic failure could allow the thing to collapse. send it up and undo a union and see what happens, but perhaps not with a car on it in the first instance :) 2 and 4 post hydraulic ramps have, by law, to have an interlock that mechanically locks the ramp before it can fall more than a few inches even if a total hydraulic failure occured.

A friend had a ramp that worked on a HUGE single hydraulic ram that that was buried 6 feet down into the floor. it was a 1940's / 50's thing very common in the USA, less so here. it had zero fail safe and gave me the willies just looking at it. But in all the time he had it, which must have been 30 years that I knew of, it never had seals, and never gave any trouble. but if it did go pop.... :(

I think it was air over hydraulics as he had to run up the compressor to run the ramp, so maybe two circuits, hydraulic AND pneumatic that could cause the damned thing to drop. You could turn it around with a car on it so it could come in forwards and drive out forwards, which was neat!

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/mechanic-memories.htm

/QUOTE]

Yeah you can access all 4 wheels as it lifts from the Normal jacking sills