Dragonball 2017 - The Dash to Düsseldorf 11th to 14th May 2017

Burna

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's great news mate! How much are they charging you? Oh and received your buffet payment too :)

Booked somewhere via "just park". Seems like air bnb but for parking. Parking 1 mile from the hotel from Wednesday evening till late Sunday is £18.

Booked somewhere via "just park". Seems like air bnb but for parking. Parking 1 mile from the hotel from Wednesday evening till late Sunday is £18.

Thats a bargain and at least gives you the freedom to do what ever you want when we get back Sunday :)

FINAL CALL-OUT FOR DETAILS

If I don't get your details by the end of the week, you won't get included - sorry!

Mr Link

Received Details

inazone

Axl

BoGlE

Burlo

Burna

Fearless

Fitz

gdog1989

Guigsy

Hemanhead

ian ian

jcbtt

Mario

P_Bazz

Pete

214supra

Robtup

Slam

PaulTT

TheTurtleshead

m5w TT

TrickTT

JamieP

patrickroks

Rosie

Littlenum

Bignum

Johny_87

Branners

Parry_10

Ash

Buster

RobUK

Stu

Wile E

Not Received Details

marc_p

ianhid

steve.m

Northerngit

FINAL CALL-OUT FOR DETAILS

If I don't get your details by the end of the week, you won't get included - sorry!

Mr Link

Received Details

inazone

Axl

BoGlE

Burlo

Burna

Fearless

Fitz

gdog1989

Guigsy

Hemanhead

ian ian

jcbtt

Mario

P_Bazz

Pete

214supra

Robtup

Slam

PaulTT

TheTurtleshead

m5w TT

TrickTT

JamieP

patrickroks

Rosie

Littlenum

Bignum

Johny_87

Branners

Parry_10

Ash

Buster

RobUK

Stu

Wile E

Not Received Details

marc_p

ianhid

steve.m

Northerngit

All done Ellis, sorry for the delay mate.

Just a reminder for everyone, do not forget to buy European breakdown cover. You may well think you already have cover with you bank/car insurance, but my advice would be to check exactly what it covers. An important thing to look out for is what is the restriction is on costs to recover your vehicle back to the UK. For example RAC offer 3 types of European Breakdown Cover, the standard cover is up to £500 to recover the car back to the UK, the next one is the comprehensive cover and that covers you up to the market value of the car. The comprehensive plus cover is unlimited, so they will get your car shipped back to the UK no matter what it costs. AA do not offer this unlimited cover.

My advice, whether you choose to take it or not, is to only go with the RAC comprehensive plus cover. I speak from experience, and Zach I'm sure will confirm, that the cover is worth it's weight in gold if you do actually need to use it. I wouldn't personally want to mess about arguing the market value of the car to cover the costs of shipping it back, because it is not cheap! And the book price for the market value of a Supra is not very high :/

Also, be under no illusion, you will not be coming back at the same time as your car if you breakdown, no matter what the tell you on the phone, you will not be. It is in the terms and conditions that it could take up to 3-4 weeks for your car to return to the UK. It will be when they have filled the spaces on a large double deck car transporter, then they will ship them all back over to the UK.

Hope that helps some of you with what cover to go for :)

Just a reminder for everyone, do not forget to buy European breakdown cover. You may well think you already have cover with you bank/car insurance, but my advice would be to check exactly what it covers. An important thing to look out for is what is the restriction is on costs to recover your vehicle back to the UK. For example RAC offer 3 types of European Breakdown Cover, the standard cover is up to £500 to recover the car back to the UK, the next one is the comprehensive cover and that covers you up to the market value of the car. The comprehensive plus cover is unlimited, so they will get your car shipped back to the UK no matter what it costs. AA do not offer this unlimited cover.

My advice, whether you choose to take it or not, is to only go with the RAC comprehensive plus cover. I speak from experience, and Zach I'm sure will confirm, that the cover is worth it's weight in gold if you do actually need to use it. I wouldn't personally want to mess about arguing the market value of the car to cover the costs of shipping it back, because it is not cheap! And the book price for the market value of a Supra is not very high :/

Also, be under no illusion, you will not be coming back at the same time as your car if you breakdown, no matter what the tell you on the phone, you will not be. It is in the terms and conditions that it could take up to 3-4 weeks for your car to return to the UK. It will be when they have filled the spaces on a large double deck car transporter, then they will ship them all back over to the UK.

Thanks for the info dude.

Also just a tip, all those who bought the new TomToms last year, don't forget to plug them into your PC at some point and update your maps etc... with TomTom MyDrive. i came across a new roundabout system down south yesterday that wasn't in my TomTom, and it jogged my memory that I needed to do mine.

Whilst we are on the subject of TomTom's, for all that didn't know the new TomTom's now all take custom route planning. So like last year GPX route files will provided for the Dragonball routes. We tested the new TomTom's for the first time last year using the custom routes, and they all worked perfectly :) https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/car-sat-nav/#productLineup

For all those with the old TomTom's you will still be able to use those too, as ITN files will be provided, but be aware your maps will be very out of date now, unless you have paid to buy the new maps from TomTom.

Mr Link

Received Details

inazone

Axl

BoGlE

Burlo

Burna

Fearless

Fitz

gdog1989

Guigsy

Hemanhead

ian ian

jcbtt

Mario

P_Bazz

Pete

214supra

Robtup

Slam

PaulTT

TheTurtleshead

m5w TT

TrickTT

JamieP

patrickroks

Rosie

Littlenum

Bignum

Johny_87

Branners

Parry_10

Ash

Buster

RobUK

Stu

Wile E

ianhid

steve.m

Northerngit

Not Received Details from just one norbert

marc_p

Ok Dragonballers, a new piece of information came to light last week, and I've been working the weekend confirming all the information for you with Marc, one of the German Supra owners we will be meeting up with.

What was brought to my attention Thursday morning by ianhid was this: http://urbanaccessregulations.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/germany-mainmenu-61/dusseldorf

Dusseldorf, along with other German cities are an LEZ, Low Emission Zone, and a sticker must be bought and displayed in the front right hand of your windscreen which will state the emission classification of the vehicle so you can enter the city. For our cars it will be a green sticker. More information from the AA here: https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/european-low-emission-zones And in the attached PDF below.

The cost of the sticker is €5 to €6, and can be bought online in advance http://www.stadtentwicklung.berlin.de/umwelt/luftqualitaet/umweltzone/en/ausland.shtml, or the hotel has advised me of a place locally where the sticker can be bought, which is here: “A.T.U” (Rather Kreuzweg 111, 40472 Düsseldorf) https://goo.gl/maps/dPqG4tE4xmx

If you want to try and buy the ticket in advance you can here: https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php But I'm unsure if you will receive it in time, so it's up to you if you want to try that route. Otherwise upon arrival in Dusseldorf on Thursday you can drive over to the place that the hotel recommended. Here is a route from the hotel to the “A.T.U”: https://goo.gl/maps/gSxHw8V8f2E2

Personally I won't be bothering with buying one at all, as Marc has confirmed with a friend that works for the city department that if the police do check if your car should have one, which our cars should have a green sticker, and you are not displaying one, it will only be a €20 fine, and that's it. Prior to this information I had read it was an €80 fine, so who knows for certain, but I'm willing to risk it. Now I know a lot of you like to obey all the laws and take all your correct documentation and breakdown kit, bulbs, hi-vis etc... so the sticker is probably something you will want to buy to be all legal, so to help you I've been gathering all the information above for you so you can attain your sticker :) With me never bothering to take any documents or kit, and what I get up to on DB, in and out of the car, not buying a green sticker is the least of my worries lol And I'll just be wanting to get straight to the hotel and have some beers lol :D

You're all big boys and girls, in your big boys/girls driving pants, so the choice is yours :thumbs: :)

P.S. And yes I will be shouting "GREEN STICKER WANKER!!!" instead of "WRISTBAND WANKER!!!" at you all trip :D

germany.pdf

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

This will be the only reason Ill be getting myself a green sticker :D

Mate, you don't need a green sticker for me to call you a wanker :rlol: :D

It will be interesting to see if anyone who buys one online receives it in time though, as our V5's don't state the emissions for the Supra. But then again it's just a petrol car after 93, so you'd think it would be simple. We will see I guess.

Mate, you don't need a green sticker for me to call you a wanker :rlol: :D

It will be interesting to see if anyone who buys one online receives it in time though, as our V5's don't state the emissions for the Supra. But then again it's just a petrol car after 93, so you'd think it would be simple. We will see I guess.

ohhhh, no need to waste my 6 euros then :D

For anyone interested I have just arranged my breakdown cover with the RAC for their comprehensive plus product at a rate of £54.52 for our 4 day trip.

As in previous years they are willing to offer a mkiv supra owners club rate either at the rate I quoted or slightly cheaper if you have a newer model than my 93 year of make. All you need to do is phone 0330 159 1111 and ask for Jake on ext 952940 and mention the Supra owners club. As Burna mentioned this is their top cover and the service has been tested and is well worth the peace of mind and cost.

Cheers

John