The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone watch American Hotrod

Steve

Does anybody watch this on Sky 133 (Discovery Real Time).

They just finished building a 1963 Corvette with a V8 Twin Turbo engine. The engine was dynoed before being fitted to the car and was pushing out 1500bhp with 700lb of torque!! :ecstatic:

Nice looking car in the end.

I like watching it for Boyd being a complete prat, he keeps firing people and letting people go for petty reasons. Like when he let Charlie go a few weeks ago, WTF was the guy thinking? He was one of the best painters that I have seen, and he basically told him to fuck off.

He reminds me a lot of the dad off of amercian chopper....

I like watching it for Boyd being a complete prat, he keeps firing people and letting people go for petty reasons. Like when he let Charlie go a few weeks ago, WTF was the guy thinking? He was one of the best painters that I have seen, and he basically told him to fuck off.

He reminds me a lot of the dad off of amercian chopper....

Yeah, cant beleive he let him go. Every car he did was awesome.

Seen them all, very good.

That bloke getting the Corvette sorted was a right arsehole!

Charlie just got sick of the repeated deadlines to get the car finished , don't blame him for leaving. I think Boyd Coddington was very childish, he wouldn't even shake his hand when he left .

I used to watch American Chopper but I avoid it now, got sick of them arguing all the time.

He comes across as a bit of a dick on the TV program though.

Made a good choice getting rid of bluebear though - he was a giant waste of space.

Cant beleive he cocked up that opportunity to build his car for free and get paid for it. All because he wouldnt box in the chassis.

Compulsive viewing must admit.

Loved it when Boyd took some of them on a time out for a few hours to go drag racing the other week.

:thumbs:

Must suggest that to my boss, albeit I think I know the answer

:shrug:

Does anyone recall that girl working there as Roy's help - took a sickie one day, claimed to have rung in, no one claims to have spoken to her, and she was promptly sacked the next day when she turned up.

Rules are rules I guess , but it certainly pissed off poor old Roy

:cry:

no i think hes working with chip foose on a competition car not part of that show

Yes he did, was a while ago now and of course the car won.

Its a great program, Boyd does get on my tits though, seems he knows absolutely nothing about running a business and having employees though.

Chip Foose is awesome, some of the stuff he does in just 7 days is stunning, and comes across as a great guy too. I've got all the episodes on my computer, PM me for the torrents if anyone is interested :)

Talking of Chip Foose , has anyone watched the 'Overhaulin' programs with some of the cars they've restored there?

I really loved the cars they did, especially as most were 60's/70's muscle cars. But what pissed me off was most of the owners of the cars were very well off or celebrities. If they'd really wanted to they could have easily afforded to get their cars sorted out without the show. Its much nicer to see some truly deserving people getting their cars fixed up for nowt!

i watch american hotrod but dont really like the american chopper.

boyd comes across ok sometimes, but most of the time he seems to be a typical old git.

letting charlie go and making his staff work to really strict deadlines on every project isnt the way. if my boss made me work even a little bit harder than what i do now, i would quit :D

great program though and very entertaining, especially when they are doing a classic old car like the mustang or the vette..... awesome :)