The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much power & Torque is too much in a Supra?

Nodalmighty

We are currently running at 700bhp on pump fuel, although have potential to run 750-800bhp with E70. I must admit the car feels great at that level. We are yet to put ethanol in the tank, but at 700bhp on the road its perfect and we can use that power comfortably. Although we do keep the Syvecs traction on 10% slip. There is no loss in traction at all, ever since we had the syvecs flappy paddle kit fitted the car is alot more driveable in the respect that you're in control of what the car is doing and the autobox wont unexpectedly kick down. I definitely think 700bhp is the sweet spot, and with the Precision 6466 turbo there is minimal lag, circa full boost around 3400rpm and pulls hard till 7500rpm. Although 700bhp is mega power it still remains reliable, uses virtually no engine oil, temps are all within limits. Cant really argue!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do a chapter and verse write up when I actually have something to write about. Car is in a right sorry state at the moment. The chap doing the cage and paint as well as a few other bits has health problems at the moment. I'm considering just getting it running and driving and get it back home for all the work I need to do to it and then taking it back when he's better. Takes the pressure off him a bit. I need to do an NA-T conversion so I can a) dev my autobox controller and some NA-T bits that might be of use to others b) have some fun in it. c) Sell the whole shooting match off to fund some of my LS build when the time comes. Then the member who wanted my engine and diff can finally have it.

I will do a chapter and verse write up when I actually have something to write about. Car is in a right sorry state at the moment. The chap doing the cage and paint as well as a few other bits has health problems at the moment. I'm considering just getting it running and driving and get it back home for all the work I need to do to it and then taking it back when he's better. Takes the pressure off him a bit. I need to do an NA-T conversion so I can a) dev my autobox controller and some NA-T bits that might be of use to others b) have some fun in it. c) Sell the whole shooting match off to fund some of my LS build when the time comes. Then the member who wanted my engine and diff can finally have it.

Will have to keep an eye out for this then! Really like the purposeful and focused builds:cool:

• 9 months later...