The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CCTV options

uzzyuzzy

This has been covered a few times before.

Flir FX. Military grade stuff, fully cloud based and local storage, various attachments, true night vision, amazing features.

I took 5 months researching a proper CCTV system for the front of house and garage and I've never regretted this one. :)

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HJDB2VC/A/flir-fx-outdoor-wireless-hd-video-monitoring-camera

This has been covered a few times before.

Flir FX. Military grade stuff, fully cloud based and local storage, various attachments, true night vision, amazing features.

I took 5 months researching a proper CCTV system for the front of house and garage and I've never regretted this one. :)

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HJDB2VC/A/flir-fx-outdoor-wireless-hd-video-monitoring-camera

Sheefa.

Does yours record non stop or does it only start recording when it senses movement? I was massively interested in the Arlo still (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Smart-Home-Wire-Free-VMS3330-100EUS/dp/B00TDNYNN0/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1475095740&sr=8-13&keywords=cctv+wireless) but the it is being slated as it has a 5 second delay before recording (which defeats the point!).

Only review I can find other than yours states "Camera is absolutely useless, disconnects all the time which means you have to get back up the ladder take the camera out of the housing reconnect it and then put it back in. Totally pointless, and customer service is just as bad, don't respond for ages and when they do they just ask you to call. I can't even get a subscription plan because the website doesn't work properly for UK customers, so i cant use half of the features! DO NOT! BUY THIS! YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED!

Sheefa.

Does yours record non stop or does it only start recording when it senses movement? I was massively interested in the Arlo still (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Smart-Home-Wire-Free-VMS3330-100EUS/dp/B00TDNYNN0/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1475095740&sr=8-13&keywords=cctv+wireless) but the it is being slated as it has a 5 second delay before recording (which defeats the point!).

Only review I can find other than yours states "Camera is absolutely useless, disconnects all the time which means you have to get back up the ladder take the camera out of the housing reconnect it and then put it back in. Totally pointless, and customer service is just as bad, don't respond for ages and when they do they just ask you to call. I can't even get a subscription plan because the website doesn't work properly for UK customers, so i cant use half of the features! DO NOT! BUY THIS! YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED!

Hi

I have the motion tracking feature permanently enabled alongside audio so it basically captures everything. I don't think it will continuously record though. I've had no problems at all with this camera, it's been fantastic. The clarity is unreal and I haven't had any noticeable problems in either the garage camera or front door camera.

Yes it is US based but if you email them they can set you up straight away for a cloud subscription which I purchase, it's not hard.

I'll be buying another one soon :)

Cheers for the reply. Have you noticed whether there is a delay between it sensing motion and recording. Reviews for Arlo suggest the delay can between 5-15 seconds which effectively makes it useless.

To be fair, occasionally there is a delay when viewing the footage live of a few seconds but I instantly receive a motion notification when I pass a sensor, instantly. That means recording has begun immediately too. Honestly I really cannot fault it. It's also got a temperature and humidity sensor, good for the garage in case of a fire etc. The RapidRecap feature is amazing.

I have used the HikVision units and cant fault them, they are basically re-branded TRENDNet units for less money :thumbs:

They support POE and can work independently as they have fully featured firmware plus are IP rated for outdoor use, if you have surveillance software you can also configure them to use that ;)

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/25279-hikvision-ds-2cd2022wd-i-4mm/

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/25072-hikvision-ds-2cd2042wd-i-4mm/

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/25073-hikvision-ds-2cd2042wd-i-6mm/

At the end of the day if people want in your house, they will get in anyway, just wear a hoody or something. We use the cctv more as a deterant, perhaps if they see our house, alarm, cctv and anti snap locks they'd just move onto another house, bad thinking i know, but then it's done it's job.

The big question is, are these now the preferred option to house alarms?

I have a sounder on my shed, but no house alarm at the moment (in the process of moving) and was wondering about security options as ill be starting a family soon.

How many times have you heard a house alarm and called the police?

House alarms are fairly redundant these days I think, as the general public just don't care

House alarms are fairly redundant these days I think, as the general public just don't care

Yeah I thought as much. I have a house alarm in the one im going into, I am going to remove the system but leave the box on the side of the house I think (deterrent is a deterrent at the end of the day, even if its a small one).

Ive heard of people clamping their own cars on their driveway etc to stop people nicking their cars too :( What a world huh!

Agreed. The old ones are useless.

That said I have multiple cctv cameras and the MiGuard Alarm system which notifies me instantly which sensor has been triggered by text/call and the alarm actually dials my local neighbours too and informs them. Ignore the usual bells and whistle alarms, the true GMS dialling ones are great.

Mine even has these key tags which disarm the alarm and notify you again by text when the alarm has been deactivated. Great for cleaners etc.

So I know when it has been triggered, I can immediately check the CCTV and send for local back up or call the police with snapshot images to hand. Can't get much better than that really.

I've been burgled once 5 years back when both our company cars were stolen and the scumbags were in our house. I take security very seriously now.

Agreed. The old ones are useless.

That said I have multiple cctv cameras and the MiGuard Alarm system which notifies me instantly which sensor has been triggered by text/call and the alarm actually dials my local neighbours too and informs them. Ignore the usual bells and whistle alarms, the true GMS dialling ones are great.

Mine even has these key tags which disarm the alarm and notify you again by text when the alarm has been deactivated. Great for cleaners etc.

So I know when it has been triggered, I can immediately check the CCTV and send for local back up or call the police with snapshot images to hand. Can't get much better than that really.

I've been burgled once 5 years back when both our company cars were stolen and the scumbags were in our house. I take security very seriously now.

/QUOTE]

Still hasn't stopped me from standing at the foot of your bed watching you two sleeping though has it :D

Suppose it depends where you live and what your neighbours are like, if alarms go off on our little square i usually go out and have a look around the neighbours house. they do the same too.

I have used the HikVision units and cant fault them, they are basically re-branded TRENDNet units for less money :thumbs:

They support POE and can work independently as they have fully featured firmware plus are IP rated for outdoor use, if you have surveillance software you can also configure them to use that ;)

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/25279-hikvision-ds-2cd2022wd-i-4mm/

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/25072-hikvision-ds-2cd2042wd-i-4mm/

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/25073-hikvision-ds-2cd2042wd-i-6mm/

Wez, I'm looking at getting some HiKvision cameras for my house as they are really good value for money. I've been to the demo unit for their UK distributor (DVS) in Cardiff and it's very impressive. They actually OEM several other cameras including Swann which sit at the cheaper end of the market.