The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Taxi Hit Me

Tigger

Might be a good idea to report it to the poice now then

and get witness statements ready, and keep chasing YOUR insurance company

otherwise before you know it, Mr Taxi driver will have left the firm and disappeared, and the vehicle in question will have been sold on

don't leave it too long, its not unheard of

Order a taxi from the same firm to take you to the solicitors, then you can claim the travelling expenses and they can't claim you have ripped them off....sweet justice... *grin*

nice one

by the way, how's this for redecorating the living room?

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/stuff/TheBlueLodge.jpg

Ok so it’s been reported to the police now. But I’m still confused in the matter as the police lady I spoke to on the phone said it was an offence to withhold insurance information, but the policeman at the station said it’s not an offence to withhold insurance details but it is to withhold their address.:shrug:

LOL I’ve just had the company that owns the taxi on the phone offering me a car until mine is repaired and that he would prefer to get the work done himself. :taped:

WTF it’s going through insurance mate. He also wanted to know what garage it was going to and I should phone him back once I’ve had the quote as he could get it done at a better price.

That’s a classic Gav:D

Oh that lounge is a it grand for me;)

Ok so it’s been reported to the police now. But I’m still confused in the matter as the police lady I spoke to on the phone said it was an offence to withhold insurance information, but the policeman at the station said it’s not an offence to withhold insurance details but it is to withhold their address.:shrug:

With regards to insurance and Road Traffic Accidents a drivers responsibilities are (unless John A knows better ;) )

A driver shall at the scene of an accident

A) Stop; and

B)if required to do so by any person having reasonable grounds for doing so, give

i His name and address and

ii The name and address of the owner

iii The identification mark of the vehicle.

C) If for any reason the driver fails to do any of the above he must report the accident .

This is essentially a duty to exchange details but in the case of an injury accident the driver must

A) Produce his insurance to a constable

B) Produce his insurance to ANY person having reasonable grounds.

If at the time he fails to do so he must report the accident and produce evidence of insurance.

Hope that clarifies the postion regarding insurance.

If you are still having probs pm me.

Thank you for clearing that up.

The policeman has contacted me with the address of the taxi firm, but they don't own the car.

I'm confused about this other guy who owns the taxi or the company that owns the taxi wanting to do it all on the side. This sound so wrong to me. He even tried to get the garage name of which my car is going to and my claims ref no

Its likely that the taxi company uses an agent to supply the casrs, the cars come insured etc and are paid for on a monthly basis. Hence why they don't appear to own the car

The agent in question probably pays through the nose for the taxi insurance so therefore wants to sort it out privately

Personally I wouldn't bother and I'd let the insurance process run its course