The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Taxi Hit Me

Tigger

Friday evening I was taking my dad to the lodge (funny hand shake stuff),:scare: when I had to break quite hard so I didn’t hit the scooter in front of me. The scooter thought it would be a good idea to stop and let a cyclist cross a main road at rush hour. The cyclist was stopped on a centre crossing point so there was no need for the scooter to stop. Anyway I had stopped with a good size gap between the scooter and myself.

:thumbdownWhen all of a sudden I felt this shunt and heard a this crunch and smashing of glass. At this my point hart sank I thought the bumper was hanging of my MR2 :cry:(not what I need right now). I let my dad get out of the car first whilst I calmed down, when I noticed the shunt had knocked my gear lever into N (neutral). I then proceed to get out of the car my back feeling a bit sore and I noticed it was a bloody taxi. Oh dear he’s ford mondeo was not a pretty site at all. Bumper was lifted and bent in several places and both wings were crumpled and lights taken out. Haha he’s own bloody fault. :nyah: I still haven't managed to get the insurance details from the taxi firm yet, They have until tomorrow then I will be phoning the police.

Spent Saturady down the hospital with Lee to get my back checked out, they said I have whiplash - No surprises there:rolleyes:

At least I have a witness to the incident. :eyebrows:

:shrug:Just have to sit and wait now:shrug:

Should have reported this one because:

Personal Injury Accident.

Insurance details not exchanged.

You should report asap and within 24hours of accident in any case, however it would be fair to say that at the time your back didn't hurt and that you exchanged all other pars. It shouldn't however affect your claim. Just a heads up thats all.

The driver has put he’s hands up to it being his fault in front of witness so I should be OK:)

I phoned the taxi firm as soon as I got in as the driver involved said the insurance would be covered with them and they will have all the details. They replied with “ call back Monday as the person who owns the car won’t be in until Monday”, So I called back today, I get “The person who owns the car won’t be in until Tuesday and I will get them to call you. So they have until tomorrow to give me the details if not then I will be calling the police on this matter.;) I have informed my insurance company that I am having problems attaining the insurance information from the Taxi Company.

I have personal injury and legal cover with my insurance so they are sorting that all out, I just have to write a report on my injuries and send it off to them.

Whiplash, just wait to the 3rd day, then you'll be well aware how bad it can get. I have permantant restriction in neck movement due to karting, just move your neck slower and dont twist it to the limits when reversing out of car park spaces etc.

Yep I know all about whiplash having had it a fair few years back. Thanks for the advice though;)

I'm taking some good strong painkillers:D

Oh cool, I have respect for my dad and his lodge ways, they do a lot of good things, I just never got into it as such much to the disappointment of my dad.. my mom and I always wind him up about the 'funny handshake brigade'....

Just to clear it up, no offence is meant by it simply out of respect for my dad, and it is very tongue in cheek

I was at an after golf dinner many years ago, twelve people at our table.

One decided he would make fun of the Free Masons, to which of course we all chuckled along. What he didnt realise was he was the only non mason at the table!..............idiot lmao :rolleyes:

Classic:clap:

So it looks like I’m being sent round the houses for the 3rd parties insurance details.

I yet again called the Taxi Company and he said I need to speak to another company who owns the taxi, I called them and they said I need to speak to yet another company. Who they will get to call me – Yeah right.:swear:

Do you think they are covering up soemthing here?