The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine art!

Action Jackson

So, I have had a hobby on and off for a few years now of making nice looking stuff out of dud engines.

My first ever project was a 1.2l Mk1 Clio. I have made lamps, clocks and table centre pieces (including the centre pieces for my wedding). I haven't done the cliche engine block table yet, however I have kept all of the blocks/header units from my projects just in case.

A few of my friends have told me in the past I should really get in to making stuff to sell to people... I figure since you're a decent, honest bunch why not test the waters here! Everything is completely degreased and well lacquered. Some of these pieces have been on show in my home for over 2 years and have not made anything dirty.

So the question is, would any of you buy this sort of stuff for your homes/as a gift?

I actually have a 1JZ that I am stripping at the moment (crank dug itself into the block) so I am excited to see what I can make from that :D

Lamp:

Clutch plate clock:

Centre pieces:

Steampunk is very much vogue at the moment. I imagine there would be a lot of demand for your stuff on places like eBay.

I have never thought of it as steampunk. I guess it is the right colouring and its heavy/metallic. Thanks for the suggestion.

You have a very understanding wife!

You would think so wouldn't you... but it was her suggestion!

She wanted us to get married at a race track... so we got married at Rockingham Speedway on the British GT weekend last year. Completely her idea.

That must be to the OP. My wife is a psycho :)

I never said mine wasn't a psycho!! :sos: