The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So, I get a phone call from Toyota

RedM

...and it's a somwhat flustered sounding engineering telling me that he cant get into my car without the alarm going off and that the key fob isn't working.

I have Blackjax but, in order to make life easy for them, I enabled remote valet mode so they wouldn't need to keep entering the pin number etc etc. All that had to do was follow my intructions.

Switch off alarm with key fob.

Start car.

Press two buttons on key fob and voila! no security at all until the key is removed.

They can drive it, open the doors, lift the bonnet, whatever they want. All they have to do is that one, simple thing. But no! I end up driving back to them (thankfully, we haven't sold the Volvo yet) to sort it out for them.

I think they tried to leave the engine running in the car park so it would warm up. Keys, empty running car, thank f**k Blackjax did kick in!

well if you leave your car with a bunch of clowns...... what do you expect?? a medal????

i never use toyota cos i know what a bunch of fannies they are :p

um im kind of new to this car and dont actualy own one yet so correct me if im wrong but werent toyota the ones who made the car in the first place. so they cant be all that bad can they

it was made in a toyota factory, not at a toyota dealership.... now if that stands as the same thing in your book, then good luck to you.

i would rather deal with a mechanic who deals with these cars everyday and has been around them enough to be able to diagnose issues at the drop of a hat. dealerships have a turnover of employees who often go it alone after getting good at what they do hence the reason for spanner monkey issues as detailed above.

my advice to you and anyone else who uses dealerships for servicing etc. is to find a good mechanic and stick with them. not only cheaper in the long run but a lot more convenient.

i use powerhouse in derby and have done so for 3 years now. not only does the mechanic there fix the problem but he also explains to the nth degree what the issues with the car are and shows me the fix. i have learnt so much from him that i can often diagnose faults myself now and can just take it in and say i need this issue sorting..... somehow cant see toyota making the effort to do the same.