The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Filter relocated -- mounting idea's

Jellybean

Hi

I have my oil filter relocated to the Charcoal canister area, the oil filter is mounted off the OEM mounting on the wing , Primarily used for the Charcoal canister; looking at the mount it appears to be there more for positioning than designed to take any sheer load

Anybody come across any oil filter mounting brackets?

The less hoses and fittings in HP oil lines the better, I have never understood this obsession about remote mounting the oil filter. But if you do mount it there be sure to use a filter with an anti drain back valve. The filter manufacturers web sites usually show which have this feature. You will just have to weigh up the options and make a bracket.

Thanks , Only reason I have one is , it was on the car ;would prefer just to run it off the side of the block but I have an oil pressure sensor in the sandwich plate

What is the best way to retain the oil pressure sensor and have the filter in the OEM location ?

Other option is to get the PHR kit on black friday

I just drill the filter housing retaining bolt 1/8 BSP or 1/8 NPT and fit a sensor there. If I am being fussy I mount it on a short -3 hose so it's divorced from engine heat and vibration. Frank Bullet is fussy and I did his like that ;)

On a VVTI you can drill and tap the top VVTi oil fitting banjo. Bullet has both. But he would..... ;)

I just drill the filter housing retaining bolt 1/8 BSP or 1/8 NPT and fit a sensor there. If I am being fussy I mount it on a short -3 hose so it's divorced from engine heat and vibration. Frank Bullet is fussy and I did his like that ;)

On a VVTI you can drill and tap the top VVTi oil fitting banjo. Bullet has both. But he would..... ;)

:p

Thanks , Only reason I have one is , it was on the car ;would prefer just to run it off the side of the block but I have an oil pressure sensor in the sandwich plate

What is the best way to retain the oil pressure sensor and have the filter in the OEM location ?

Other option is to get the PHR kit on black friday

This was done on mine and I had the filter retaining bolt taped and the sensor fitted in the end, not the best picture but you can just make it out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=214359&stc=1&d=1472928884

image.jpeg