The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice needed. SPA dual oil pressure/tem guage.

Andy-No-Knee

I have a full set of SPA dual gauges, and I'm looking at places to locate the various senders.

So I'm looking at the possibilities for the oil temp and pressure.

Do I...

1. Get a sandwich plate? (Any links if recommended??)

2. I have a GReddy oil cooler kit fitted, do I try to fit the senders into that kit??

3. I'm looking at fitting a remote oil filter kit, do I link it into that kit???

4. Do I locate them somewhere else???

I have spent the last hour or so reading through the different threads on here and am still no nearer to an answer.

All suggestions welcome, and you have links as well then that's even better!

Cheers.

If you have the Greddy oil cooler kit then it should come with it's own sandwich plate already? Do you know which one you have, as the ones I'm seeing online come with an oil cooler and oil relocate kit already.

If you want to run a remote kit & an oil cooler then you the oil would need to flow from Block -> Sandwich plate-> Cooler -> Filter -> Sandwich Plate -> Block

attachment.php?attachmentid=213894&stc=1&d=1471253809

I would expect that the Greddy sandwich plate would come with 2 1/8 sensor holes, so shouldn't have a problem putting both your oil & temp sensors into that.

oil.jpg

I have both my sensors in a sandwich plate, works just fine and I'm quite happy with the readings they provide. But there are better places to mount them if you want the best/most accurate readings to really keep an eye on things.

I don't know about the sensors into the oil cooler itself. It might be thermostatic and won't open until the oil reaches a certain temp?

I have both my sensors in a sandwich plate, works just fine and I'm quite happy with the readings they provide. But there are better places to mount them if you want the best/most accurate readings to really keep an eye on things.

I don't know about the sensors into the oil cooler itself. It might be thermostatic and won't open until the oil reaches a certain temp?

I have my oil pressure sensor on the stock oil pressure switch port. Located just to the left of the oil filter and will require the AC pump to be moved to get access whilst fitting.

I have my oil pressure sensor on the stock oil pressure switch port. Located just to the left of the oil filter and will require the AC pump to be moved to get access whilst fitting.

Is there enough oil FLOW past one in there....? Hmmm. I drill and tap the oil filter housing hollow bolt and put temp sensors in there, or use a sump plug adaptor for them.