The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unmarked police car vs cyclist

John_M

Link to BBC News page.

Once read then click on link on top right to see video

:scare:

Raises a lot of questions! The officers where not in uniform so why where they even trying to stop a moving cyclist? Wouldn't the charge (if it had been a member of the public driving) have been GBH/ABH or even attempted murder?

Few more questions...(playing devils advocate :devil: )

1) Why was he running?

2) Report isn't too clear on why he was suspected? Must've had a fair reason to strip search him even after the event. I wonder what history he has.

3) The report makes it look intentional that the office ran him over, I'm sure that's not the case. (Obviously was too close to him in a car though)

Yes it's very wrong and it should never have happened and I'm not defending the police actions in any way. Just feel there's a certain amount of media hype and money making clouding this.

Yet another case of an 'innocent' man getting our tax money for being injured...Sorry to say, but if he ran that is on him, the police apprehended him whatever way they got, so he got injured... SO FUCKING WHAT.... if he was innocent he wouldn't have run and WE wouldn't be paying out yet again for a criminal....

Get quick rich scheme....

1. Commit some low impact crime

2. Get beaten up by the police

3. Sue and walk away with lots of tax payers money (hmmm, seems like a legal crime to me)

Read in the paper about some burgular who fell out a window onto a police man, and sued because he injured his back, and won......

Stupid bloody nanny state....

Gav

Few more questions...(playing devils advocate :devil: )

1) Why was he running?

Apparently 'cause they were plain clothed and he didn't know they were coppas, although I guess the overhead helicopter might have been a clue.

2) Report isn't too clear on why he was suspected? Must've had a fair reason to strip search him even after the event. I wonder what history he has.

Gawd don't you know anything? All black men on mountain bikes are drug dealers! ;)

Yet another case of an 'innocent' man getting our tax money for being injured...Sorry to say, but if he ran that is on him, the police apprehended him whatever way they got, so he got injured... SO FUCKING WHAT.... if he was innocent he wouldn't have run and WE wouldn't be paying out yet again for a criminal....
He was a 16 year old kid at the time.

I'm not surprised he ran when two white guys come screaming up in an unmarked car and try to stop him without identifing themselves as police officers.

I'm not surprised he ran when two white guys come screaming up in an unmarked car and try to stop him without identifing themselves as police officers.

True, fair point....

Guess this is not along the same lines as the other one I mentioned...

I'm just fed up with the geniune criminals who are making money off us when they have actually committed a crime...

So yeah, perhaps I was out of order with my comment.

Gav

nothing new there, i had the same issues with cops when i was a teenager. they break the law some many times trying to prove something that is untrue that it really grinds on me.

luckily for me, i know my rights, have an education and can bat off any crap they give me. studying law at a' level helped. especially when some stupid front desk officer tried to give me some spew about how she couldnt release information about why my car was searched in my absence without a warrant citing the data protection act. i told her to cut the crap as she obviously did not know what the DPA meant.

"you cant with hold information about me, from me you silly woman. now go and get me a more educated officer as you aint got a clue." soon got results :D

now that i'm grown up, i still view the cops as a bunch of trumped up traffic wardens as that is all they seem to be doing nowadays.

I suspect the helicopter would be a regular occurance in the area. 16 black kid chased by two pumped up white guys. What would you do. Run/ ride like fuck.

Totally excessive abuse of their status as police, he was a kid on a bloody bike. I wonder what they would have stiched him up for if he had been killed.

I suspect the helicopter would be a regular occurance in the area. 16 black kid chased by two pumped up white guys. What would you do. Run/ ride like fuck.

Totally excessive abuse of their status as police, he was a kid on a bloody bike. I wonder what they would have stiched him up for if he had been killed.

Agreed.

The Policeman driving the car was just a little careless, just got too close in the end . He didn't run him over deliberately!
I think the driver knocked the kid off the bike deliberately. In the video at about 53 seconds the car seems to speed up just before the collision.

a very good friend of mine joined the met police force a few years ago. he loved it at first and couldnt get enough. he even became a traffic cop. after 2 years i spoke to him again briefly and he confirmed that there were parts of the force that were corrupt and it wasnt just cops at the grass roots level. if an officer was corrupt then all of his team were, no two ways about it.

at the end of the day we all take liberties if we can get away with it, cops are no different except for the fact that what they do effects peoples lives.