The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oscar Pistorius Case

Wez

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone else has heard Reeva Steenkamps father giving evidence in court today.

Oscar is claiming to be a broken man, listening to Barry Steenkamp and I am sorry that is a truly broken man.

I'm in the vast minority but I do feel a bit of pity for him to be honest. I've never thought that he meant it.

"I never meant to shoot blindly through the door at my wife, instead of confirming my suspicions first" Maybe he didnt mean it, still did it though :p

South Africa is a dangerous place indeed. But he lived in an apartment, it sounds like she was playing around with some rugby player and mebbe he got jealous and lost his cool. To think you would discharge a firearm into a locked bathroom without checking first if his missus was ok is almost laughable.

Lock the little scumbag up in the main Pollsmoor prison. Let him pay his dues...!

Sorry but if you think you have a intruder in your house would not your first thought be tell the wife/girlfriend your going to investigate & stay put? Good job he didn't have kid's it would have been a masacre!

To be fair he was disabled. He *may* have been petrified of an actual intruder, heard them outside the door and just fired. Yes he's a piece of shit for leaving his wife while he panicked (if he was innocent) but still I could see the alternative argument.

Personally, I don't have a clue. The human brain is complex but also incredibly instinctual at times, you could easily put self preservation as absolute number one and fire blindly.

Not sure on his motives or much into the details so would like to hear the counter arguments to what I've said.

On another note. OJ Simpson was found not guilty and from what I've read about it he should have been guilty a hundred times over. Not to mention he's a criminal through and through. So who knows

i find it hard to understand who he thought was in the bathroom, reeva obviously not in bed , so chances are shes in there ffs .

anyway i think hes in for a prison sentence , and boy will he come down with a bump , smaller one if hes got his legs off

He's guaranteed to go to prison. It's just for how long,

What made me question it was the appalling murder figures for South Africa. It's around 50 murders a day. In fairness I'd be gunhoe too living there

Yes SA has high crime but he doesnt exactly live in a ghetto.

Also, looking at the crime scene layout I dont think it takes much to figure out what happened :(

http://lifeissavage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/what-police-found-in-the-house.jpg

Yes SA has high crime but he doesnt exactly live in a ghetto.

Also, looking at the crime scene layout I dont think it takes much to figure out what happened :(

http://lifeissavage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/what-police-found-in-the-house.jpg

Yea thats very hard to believe, just playing devils advocate really. Just seeing things from both perspectives really. Ideally the police in South Africa wouldn't be so piss poor and then there would be no argument for innocence.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Streetpete

Well I suppose shooting your girlfriend multiple times through a bathroom door would have some negative effects on your conscience. If he has one anyway.