The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got email from ferrari that they had pic of my car in final production stages...

far

If it was my money I would of gone for an Aventador, they are epic. The Ferrari is a nice sloppy 2nd though :)

mate they look nuts but the gearbox is tripe, I was very very close to buying one last summer but the test drives put me right off, the engine is sublime and crackles nicely on the overrun but there is a massive loss in power with the single clutch gearbox and a big jolt in your seat, it also didnt seem agile compared to the 458 but the steering and feel was solid.

You can have a supermodel - all exceptional in the looks department but a bit of a starfish when it comes to doing the business or a top end lap dancer, still looks the nuts but also keeps your interest when you drive her :D

here are the two I was contemplating.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was my money I would of gone for an Aventador, they are epic. The Ferrari is a nice sloppy 2nd though :)

After following a 458 today, I have to disagree :p

And yes I know were talking 488 here but the 488 trumps the 458 ;)

After following a 458 today, I have to disagree :p

And yes I know were talking 488 here but the 488 trumps the 458 ;)

Apparently not in the sound department! That metallic screeching V8 at top end has gone. It might have something to do with the test drive on the 488 and the engine wasnt properly run in compared to my 458 but it did seem a tad muted, nice noise from the turbos though, kinda reminded me of my Supe days :D.

Funny how Ferrari call those pictures 'final stages', for most of us that's a 'just started' car!

Post a video when you get it eh Far? No reason teasing like this without some final vids :)

no worries, i'll start a new thread later

Maybe a thread for each part of the build [emoji23] we could have a whole section of the forum dedicated to the Ferrari Build [emoji41]

lol, ive just joined club scuderia - you guys should go on there and post pics of your supes and see what happens :D

I think it's so cool they have this setup when you order one of these cars. Must make the whole experience so exciting!

I sell Alfas and when someone orders a 4C we get absolutely no updates whatsoever on its build. Until a non English speaking, Italian driver randomly turns up with the car on his lorry.

It's amazing that both brands are under the same Fiat umbrella.

Congrats on the purchase I can't wait to see the end result.

no worries, i'll start a new thread later

That wasn't what I suggesting mate, please keep the updates coming in this thread. It's something that almost all of us will never get to experience first hand and really interesting to see how things work at the other end of the price scale :)

That wasn't what I suggesting mate, please keep the updates coming in this thread. It's something that almost all of us will never get to experience first hand and really interesting to see how things work at the other end of the price scale :)

mate i was trying to be funny! i will post everything on this thread

mate they look nuts but the gearbox is tripe, I was very very close to buying one last summer but the test drives put me right off, the engine is sublime and crackles nicely on the overrun but there is a massive loss in power with the single clutch gearbox and a big jolt in your seat, it also didnt seem agile compared to the 458 but the steering and feel was solid.

You can have a supermodel - all exceptional in the looks department but a bit of a starfish when it comes to doing the business or a top end lap dancer, still looks the nuts but also keeps your interest when you drive her :D

here are the two I was contemplating.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/farhanahmed19771977/aven3_zpsh34jtaz2.jpg

Did no one else think... "HRO1N - heroin.... Hmmm" [emoji12]

Understand what you are saying about the lambo, did you consider the spyder version?

I think the roof off would of changed your mind though. That black lambo, black rims :love:

488 would probably be more friendly to drive around.

yes both the cars I drive were the roadsters (ie roof off jobbies) they have a tweaked gearbox/software but its still tripe compared to the twin clutch gearboxes of the hurracan 458,488 etc - with cars like this its not 'driving around' thats the problem, its the power delivery from the single clutch gearbox

see what tiff says

[video=youtube;-nRkVuzLPNk]

Off topic I know but didn't realise your company was behind this! I'm attending the Healthcare Strategy Forum next week!

lol - what? thats just bizarre - small world! Are you a vendor or NHS delegate??!

yes both the cars I drive were the roadsters (ie roof off jobbies) they have a tweaked gearbox/software but its still tripe compared to the twin clutch gearboxes of the hurracan 458,488 etc - with cars like this its not 'driving around' thats the problem, its the power delivery from the single clutch gearbox

see what tiff says

Is he being picky about the gear change or that bad? If its that bad it aint great for that sort of money!

see what tiff says

Is it the old Audi R Tronic box in them? I've been trying out replacement cars and took out a V10 R8 with the S Tronic and found it fine but have heard that they are much improved over the old R box in the early cars, although I'm still floating towards the manual over the flappy paddles.

Is he being picky about the gear change or that bad? If its that bad it aint great for that sort of money!

its bad enough to put a lot of buyers off, they changed the gearbox on the hurracan, its VERY noticeable, real shame as i would have loved to own that car but the gear change was the single reason i didnt buy it!

Is it the old Audi R Tronic box in them? I've been trying out replacement cars and took out a V10 R8 with the S Tronic and found it fine but have heard that they are much improved over the old R box in the early cars, although I'm still floating towards the manual over the flappy paddles.

no its not the R tronic AFAIK but same principal in terms of issues with jerky shifts, I heard manual is the way to go on the older R8s

no its not the R tronic AFAIK but same principal in terms of issues with jerky shifts, I heard manual is the way to go on the older R8s

R-tronic sucks - drove one of those and hated it - completely ruins the car.