The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got email from ferrari that they had pic of my car in final production stages...

far

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow lots of divided opinions on this one.

Personally I think its great the OP is getting a Ferrari. Who gives a stuff about how much money he earns or whatever. As long as the posts are in "Off Topic" then why should anyone care if there are 5 threads or 1000 threads of the same thing - there is also the "ignore threads from this user" feature if you really cant stand it.

Anyway isn't a forum intended for people to talk about themselves and what they have or getting... would be an odd forum if they didn't wouldn't it... would just be plain awful...

The only time when I had an issue with this sort of thing was when a few members were telling other Supra members to ditch the ££,£££'s Supra plans and buy a PS4... I mean a GTR, and while I can see it falls into a similar category as this, that went against the very fact its a Supra forum.

Hence I don't have an issue with this as well not many people can afford to get a Ferrari, and well to be honest its a nice change from the usual GTR vs Supra rants...

If anyone asks me "Well have you ever driven a GTR" I'll have your balls in a set of sheet metal vice grips with a blowtorch handy...

Wow lots of divided opinions on this one.

Personally I think its great the OP is getting a Ferrari. Who gives a stuff about how much money he earns or whatever. As long as the posts are in "Off Topic" then why should anyone care if there are 5 threads or 1000 threads of the same thing - there is also the "ignore threads from this user" feature if you really cant stand it.

Anyway isn't a forum intended for people to talk about themselves and what they have or getting... would be an odd forum if they didn't wouldn't it... would just be plain awful...

The only time when I had an issue with this sort of thing was when a few members were telling other Supra members to ditch the ££,£££'s Supra plans and buy a PS4... I mean a GTR, and while I can see it falls into a similar category as this, that went against the very fact its a Supra forum.

Hence I don't have an issue with this as well not many people can afford to get a Ferrari, and well to be honest its a nice change from the usual GTR vs Supra rants...

If anyone asks me "Well have you ever driven a GTR" I'll have your balls in a set of sheet metal vice grips with a blowtorch handy...

But have you driven one though :D

It would be interesting to know what they do (and tell you they do) to the engine prior to delivery. No start up, basic Start up and idle test, this plus rolling road, all that plus light track work/test?

I can see you 10 or so photo's down the line having kittens as the email 'Bing' comes in with "To ensure you do not over Rev your new purchase, Roberto has personally verified the rev limiter is fully functioning in all gears, also in their lunch break Rocco and Sophia have verified the bonnet can sustain at least five minutes of variable loads up to 200kg with no damage"

If you need it collecting from Italy just gimme a fuel card & £100 for food, I'll be happy to fetch it for you

I'm aware there is an engine-break in period

Please be aware it'll be fully broken in upon delivery to you :taped:

I can go full bell-end if required, I'm only half arsing it atm.

Really?

Amazed they give you so much detail on your car's production.

My brother got none of that treatment when he got his 2016 mustang last month!

There is a slight gulf in price between the 2 cars. I got small updates on my Mercedes C class last month but that is a £35K car, not £150K car, or whatever they are new.

I would gladly employ a girl to send pictures and e-mails with £100K difference in price.

H.

i think its all automated and process driven as opposed to someone taking photos, they must have fixed cameras along the production line

I actually think overall any new car is not good value, especially a ferrari but I wasnt going to wait around for years for my 'perfect spec' to come up on the used car market. Speaking of which this bit is another massive rip off, on a 180k car you are spending at least 50k to get it looking a bit special and they royally rip you off for every little bit, especially if the words 'Carbon Fibre' are involved!

Ferrari are trying to development the art of trolling, the pictures will get smaller and smaller as it goes along and the completed one will be a single pixel lol. White one looks great, FAR will be under pressure to compete with that one as well as the haters in this thread.

Ferrari are trying to development the art of trolling, the pictures will get smaller and smaller as it goes along and the completed one will be a single pixel lol. White one looks great, FAR will be under pressure to compete with that one as well as the haters in this thread.

Definitely think the silver looks classier than the white, although it doesn't look bad in any colour. That said, if I were buying a Ferrari, I'd want it in yellow. Not sure why. :p

ive been on this forum now for 13 years, when I was waiting for my supe from Japan back in the day I used to post multiple threads and pics up and members did the same, im sorry if its across like im posing but its nothing like that, im just excited and want to share the experience with like minded people who I know on the forum, who knows it might inspire some people to open a business like I did

I tell my wife, she thinks its just a silver version of the car I already have lol and after all this is still a car forum isnt it? ive posted two threads about the 488 and one was about how I should get it prepped as there are some pro detailers on here, excessive? I dont think so

for the other 4 posts above, nice to see there is still some class left in the club

For those interested I will try and keep the updates on this thread instead of starting new ones

I'm insanely jealous of pretty much every car on here, especially as mine is probably the tattiest NA Auto / Supra on here! (for now), but this is a whole new level of jealousy (the good kind)!!

Out of curiosity, what business did you start up? I started my own business last year currently doing a couple of ventures full-time; so I always find it massively inspiring to keep trying new things in the hope that one day something I'm working on turns out to be properly successful!

Jesus. Just came on and saw this thread had gotten well out of control.

Some people honestly just jumped on the band wagon for this. The guy asked please stop posting so many threads about the same thing and got jumped on by comments like "oh it's jealously"

... If anyone else did the same it would be "stop repeating yourself"

In terms of the car it's nice and Ive nothing against the OP but some of the members on here have double standards

Really?

H.

I was asked by Branners to tone it down last year, something to do with reporting myself on here for amusement.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus. Just came on and saw this thread had gotten well out of control.

Some people honestly just jumped on the band wagon for this. The guy asked please stop posting so many threads about the same thing and got jumped on by comments like "oh it's jealously"

... If anyone else did the same it would be "stop repeating yourself"

In terms of the car it's nice and Ive nothing against the OP but some of the members on here have double standards

I have zero standards.