The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got email from ferrari that they had pic of my car in final production stages...

far

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong mate, I love the car and I'm keen to hear about it, just seeing a lot of threads about what is essentially the same thing. I'm sure I'd be told the same thing if I were to start multiple threads every time one small change happened to the situation of my Supra. And yes, it does seem like you're posing a hell of a lot, but eh, it's a car forum, we're all interested in cars here :)

And I'm not a supercar enthusiast. I'm a clapped out 20 year old Supra enthusiast. :)

You're fairly new here. Perhaps you should show yourself out.

Maybe it's an age thing. The younger generation seem to want, want, want but have no idea how to achieve it so just get green eyed when someone else achieves their aspirations.

Damn them and their sparkly eyes, good digestion and fitness.

I know a bunch of jealous old feckers as well, don't think it's is entirely age related :p

Lovely car the 488, keep us posted on it!

You're fairly new here. Perhaps you should show yourself out.

Temper temper, princess.

I'm not sure where all the jealousy remarks are coming from, it was a simple comment that there were a lot of threads about the same car. As I've stated above, I think the car is cool as f**k and I'm keen to hear about it. People are reading far too much in to it (no pun intended). The thread could have been about literally anything and I'd have made the same comment, as there's no single, or even "pre order and post order" thread to go to to see the progress of the car, I have actually been keenly watching!

Far - please don't read my comment as some kind of 'stop posting about your car!' - it's anything but (more of a 'please stop making new threads every time something changes!' ;)). I sometimes forget that it's hard to put bit of a light-hearted inflection on messages on the internet :)

Don't see how it is jealousy he s just saying how he feels. I know lots and lots of people who earn 30k+ a month but they don't go on a supra forum talking about their car purchases.

I don't talk about my earnings or purchases on here as its just not a thing I would do personally. Don't assume cause he doesn't want to hear your updates he s jealous.

I like Ferrari s too. Not one I d buy for sure but I'm interested in your updates as never bought a new one and I probably never would. Just don't attack the guy for expressing his fair opinions.

I like your updates. I guess keeping them in one thread would help stop the hostility

It's an unfortunate inevitability caused by human nature. If you think about it, if you can buy a Ferrari 488, why would you bother hanging around with the peasants on a Supra forum?

I have the utmost respect for those who work hard or work clever and achieve success through it - take my hat off to them.

Something else that is unfortunate is that the world doesn't quite work like that. In most of the places I have worked, the people who earn the most find it difficult to justify their position or explain what exactly their job entails.

The article below explains it better than I ever could:

http://strikemag.org/bullshit-jobs/

I dont care what he posts, if he has the money to do that then nice one, i will read it the same as i would any other forum i visit.

The only grumble could be that it should be put in the "Far Farrari" Topic?

Ive meet so called "rich" people here and ive meet the guys that had to scrimp and save to get a supra...nearly all of them are cool nice people.

So maybe change the topic name and keep all posts in one place.

I'm jealous of what he earns :p but I've plans to make money within property when i get the collateral to start, this may mean having to sale the supra in a couple years and to rebuy when you've made it back :)

Back on topic

Awesome car!! Will love to see it in the flesh.

I agree, can we ban him? :D

A dangerous precedent JP as you are probably next...:D I think all members should be means tested once a year just to see if they genuinely can only afford a Supra or if they are just checking on the peasants, once they have moved on to dearer marques..!!

I just hate people.

Forum has seemed a little slow recently (I'm fairly new here so maybe it's just the way it is) so keep the updates coming.

Adds variety.

The forum's best days are behind it IMO. I read some threads and put my head in my hands with the sense of humour bypass being the favoured operation of many members. I wish Ed was on more often. We just have Graham1984 now as the forum bell end and that is a bit of a let down in all honesty.

Stands out a bit in the white, I like it. Not too sure on the flag, though ;)

Racist as well as moneyist (if there is such a term)...:D

H.

The forum's best days are behind it IMO. I read some threads and put my head in my hands with the sense of humour bypass being the favoured operation of many members. I wish Ed was on more often. We just have Graham1984 now as the forum bell end and that is a bit of a let down in all honesty.

H.

I can go full bell-end if required, I'm only half arsing it atm.

I know lots and lots of people who earn 30k+ a month but they don't go on a supra forum talking about their car purchases.

Wow I don't earn that in a year.

This thread is totally OTT. There is no jealousy. Someone just wanted another person to stop making new threads about the same thing over and over. Fair enough I think, but in hindsight all he had to do was type REPOST :D