The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got email from ferrari that they had pic of my car in final production stages...

far

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I dislike the car, but there sure are a lot of threads about it.

Yup

Wow, hate much?

I've seen a half dozen threads started by a club member about the same damn problem they have on a clapped out twenty year old Supra they just bought. Nobody seemed to think that was OTT.

If I was lucky enough to be waiting for my shiny new Ferrari to be built and delivered I'd like to think that a club full of supposed supercar enthusiasts would be eager to share the build-up.

If you've nothing nice to say, and all that...

ive been on this forum now for 13 years, when I was waiting for my supe from Japan back in the day I used to post multiple threads and pics up and members did the same, im sorry if its across like im posing but its nothing like that, im just excited and want to share the experience with like minded people who I know on the forum, who knows it might inspire some people to open a business like I did

I tell my wife, she thinks its just a silver version of the car I already have lol and after all this is still a car forum isnt it? ive posted two threads about the 488 and one was about how I should get it prepped as there are some pro detailers on here, excessive? I dont think so

for the other 4 posts above, nice to see there is still some class left in the club

For those interested I will try and keep the updates on this thread instead of starting new ones

ive been on this forum now for 13 years, when I was waiting for my supe from Japan back in the day I used to post multiple threads and pics up and members did the same, im sorry if its across like im posing but its nothing like that, im just excited and want to share the experience with like minded people who I know on the forum, who knows it might inspire some people to open a business like I did

I tell my wife, she thinks its just a silver version of the car I already have lol and after all this is still a car forum isnt it? ive posted two threads about the 488 and one was about how I should get it prepped as there are some pro detailers on here, excessive? I dont think so

for the other 4 posts above, nice to see there is still some class left in the club

For those interested I will try and keep the updates on this thread instead of starting new ones

Don't get me wrong mate, I love the car and I'm keen to hear about it, just seeing a lot of threads about what is essentially the same thing. I'm sure I'd be told the same thing if I were to start multiple threads every time one small change happened to the situation of my Supra. And yes, it does seem like you're posing a hell of a lot, but eh, it's a car forum, we're all interested in cars here :)

Wow, hate much?

I've seen a half dozen threads started by a club member about the same damn problem they have on a clapped out twenty year old Supra they just bought. Nobody seemed to think that was OTT.

If I was lucky enough to be waiting for my shiny new Ferrari to be built and delivered I'd like to think that a club full of supposed supercar enthusiasts would be eager to share the build-up.

If you've nothing nice to say, and all that...

And I'm not a supercar enthusiast. I'm a clapped out 20 year old Supra enthusiast. :)

Don't get me wrong mate, I love the car and I'm keen to hear about it, just seeing a lot of threads about what is essentially the same thing.

how is getting advise on paint protection film related to posting the production pictures/ process about the car 'essentially the same thing' ? and how are just two other threads ever classed as 'a lot of threads'

how is getting advise on paint protection film related to posting the production pictures/ process about the car 'essentially the same thing' ? and how are just two other threads ever classed as 'a lot of threads'

lol, don't take the comment to heart so much. Keep on posting the threads. (really, it wasn't intended to be taken as seriously as some members seem to think.)

But to answer your question, it's "Replacing my 458. Replacing my 458 (pt2). What colour? Photoshop request. What detailing should I use? Do you trust this washing type on my Ferrari? It's nearly complete!" - it's a lot of threads that are essentially "GUYS I'M GETTING A FERRARI" and yes, it's cool, it's very cool, but it'd be nice to have it all in one place rather than being alerted about a new thread popping up which is essentially another reminder that you're getting another Ferrari. I bloody know! :p

The guy is excited about his new car, wouldn't you be? Far as been here a hell of a long time and has always been an enthusiast about whatever car he's owned. He's done well for himself over the years and has reaped the rewards. I personally like the fact that this forum has always had a big family even when members buy different cars. It says a lot for who we are as a club :)

Sad to see so much petty jealousy on here. I have the utmost respect for those who work hard or work clever and achieve success through it - take my hat off to them. There will be those who don't own Supras who will look at this forum and have the same level of jealousy as those on this thread - we bang on all day about our Supras etc. Hell, if I was getting a Ferrari I'd be knocking on all of your doors individually armed with brochures, a projector and 500 slides!

This is an endemic problem with our society - we don't herald success, we seek to demean it and bring those who are successful down. It's sad to see.

Enjoy it mate - the majority of us on here are as excited as you are about it.

On another point - I was fortunate to get a passenger ride in the new(ish) Huracan yesterday - still smiling today and still trying to get my organs back into their original places.

Far is it wrong I prefer the colour of the car currently to what you've chosen :D

Ellis you're quite right too, just a shame/ironic that you spelt clever wrongly :p

Yes, I thought it was maybe an attempt at writing cleaver, or maybe he had come up with a sneaky way of advertising his new company based in Brazil without alerting the mods.

http://www.cliever.com.br/

I only mention it as Ellis I know enjoys pointing out the very rare typo, incorrect spelling or grammar that appears on here ;)

Nice car Far, well done and look forward to seeing the updates. Great how they keep you informed of the build progress.

Sad to see so much petty jealousy on here.

Maybe it's an age thing. The younger generation seem to want, want, want but have no idea how to achieve it so just get green eyed when someone else achieves their aspirations.

Damn them and their sparkly eyes, good digestion and fitness.

It's no different to the multiple gtr threads and owners or Jamie P ones now he's moved on, as Burna said it's (a good) part of the club.

I think the Supra's generally (it's certainly my experience over the years) attract owners that have no snobbery or reverse snobbery and are very accepting of all age ranges and status.

Someone in a tatty na grimly holding off the sensible choice of a economical white goods car or someone with money moving on to newer more powerful things, they are all past or present owners that at some point appreciated the Supra, still part of the family in my book.