The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Project - T2MSW's BMW

T2 MSW

So now I have engine being delivered tomorrow and I have just sourced the upper and lower sumps I've just ordered some of the other parts I need to build the engine back up.

Full engine gasket set

new OEM oil pump

new OEM water pump

Will be thinking about the billet tensioner and why head studs to get. was going to go ARP as the titan ones seem expensive but then just seen the ARP ones only go to 75 ft/lbs ??

Will update thread with pictures as I start the strip down and build back up again.

Today the new engine arrived. Got dropped in the garage and left as the girlfriend wanted to take one of her horses out cross-country and she can't go on her own so I got dragged along.

Got back from XC at about 9 so i was straight in the garage to label up all the wiring loom ready for when I modify it later on.

Also managed to strip down most of the turbo side as got a bit carried away and was having fun, lack of light stopped play. Don't know why people don't replace things when they are needed though, spot the issue in the picture below.

Brittle as and all falling apart round the edges.

• 2 weeks later...

Little more progress tonight. Got all the tools I needed to undo the VVTI cam and a pulley puller.

Now got all the front end off and ready to pull the head and send it off to be refreshed next. One thing I noticed is the VVTI timing star seems to be different in that its not two piece, it all appears to be one and therefore does not need welding - can anyone confirm they are indeed different?

• 3 weeks later...

The engine is now fully stripped. I delivered the head to be refreshed last week and I've been to pick it up today.

Head stripped, cleaned, all valve guides replaced, new valve stem seals, valves seated, skimmed and all wrapped ready to go back on. Cam covers -12an bungs welded on and all cleaned up - £480.

Considering the work and it was more than I had done last time i don't think thats too bad.

Couple of weeks ill start to clean all the bottom end up and start on the re-assembly :)

• 1 month later...