The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Breather setup on single turbo

berg

Looking into options for the stock breather system when i fit the single turbo, i don't really want to run the stock breather pipe (exhaust side) to the new intake pipe as id like to keep things tidy

I also dont want an open breather filter sat above my manifold, and it looks crap like that also

Can i run a line from the rocker cover and hide it somewhere with a filter on the end of the pipe or will that be restrictive?

Or should i run it to a catch tank, put a filter on the catch tank and then leave the inlet manifold/pcv side as stock?

Want to keep engine bay clean as it is no so trying to avoid a catch can if possible

You will need to run a catch tank bud. If you run a catch tank you could get hot oil smell from the filter via your heater vents. But I only got that after also fitting inlet side in the tank.. Whifbitz kit is tidy. Thats what I use.

Other option is to run a line to the backof the car underneath

If your going to change the stock PCV system, the best option is to block the plenum side, as the low throttle/load side of the PCV system tends to generate the most oil vapor, and link both cam covers together, and/or run two separate pipes to a baffled catch can, and then run the outlet back to the turbo intake, that way you get benefits of the std system without the excess oil vapor in the intake.

Id like to avoid the catch tank if possible i just dont want all the clutter

If i can get away with leaving the pcv/inlet side alone and just running a line from the exhaust side rocker cover under the car that will suit me best :thumbs:

Worst case ill have one made as i dont fancy spending 500 on a catch tank to be fair

I read somewhere about someone running a line under the car but the length of the hose caused issues, is that true?

If running under the car you would want it exiting behind the back wheels.

Last thing you want is an engine problem followed by a dump of engine oil in line for your rear wheels, could make a recoverable incident a write off :D

Catch tank you need bud is onlt a few hundred. The whifbitz one really is tidy..

I know its not your prefered solution but its deffo the more simple and practical one. As your only doing exhaust side you shouldnt get any oil smell as its the pressure from the inlet side that can cause that.. :)

If running under the car you would want it exiting behind the back wheels.

Last thing you want is an engine problem followed by a dump of engine oil in line for your rear wheels, could make a recoverable incident a write off :D

Makes sense i suppose :)

Catch tank you need bud is onlt a few hundred. The whifbitz one really is tidy..

I know its not your prefered solution but its deffo the more simple and practical one. As your only doing exhaust side you shouldnt get any oil smell as its the pressure from the inlet side that can cause that.. :)

Id pay the price for the stage 1 kit which is all i need as im only doing the one side, my mate can modify it with new fittings should i do the inlet side in the future

Stage 3 kit outright is over £400 which in my opinion is crazy money for what you get

Im going to vent it through a hose first and see how it goes

I'm big single

Inlet side has a filter

Outlet side is a pipe down past the engine to ground

SRD did it, never had any problems

Not seen it like that before, must be good if SRD done it though :thumbs: