The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2016 Moto GP thread

Swampy442

Its almost upon us, the 2016 moto GP season!

Who do you fancy for the titles? Can Danny Kent step up to Moto 2 on the second time of asking? Sam Lowes performed well.

Scott Redding is looking hot in pre season testing on the Octo Pramac Duke, Will Cal stop throwing it up the road? Can Bradley save his ride for next season? Maverick Vinales turned in some great times in pre season. Will Casey Stoner make a miraculous return?

Moto 3's only Brit John McPhee looks to be having a rough time in testing, as does last season prodigy Quartararo.

I'd say Rossi had his chance last year and won't be up to much for this season and next when he'll retire. Can't see past a Lorenzo/Marquez fight at the front.

I do hope we at least see a Casey Stoner wild card race on a Ducati this season!

Im not sure re Rossi, he has the talent in spades, the ability, its just whether his body can keep up in my eyes. One big high side or spill and it could be all over. You can never discount a man who's won so much in a long and distinguished career though.

I don't know, Ive a feeling a Ducati will be up there this season, be it crazy Joe or Redding. Just a feeling

Im not sure re Rossi, he has the talent in spades, the ability, its just whether his body can keep up in my eyes. One big high side or spill and it could be all over. You can never discount a man who's won so much in a long and distinguished career though.

I don't know, Ive a feeling a Ducati will be up there this season, be it crazy Joe or Redding. Just a feeling

He's not been up to much in pre-season I don't think. Mind you, that's Rossi's style so you may be right! All these brand new electrics and changes to the bikes may throw up some surprise results as well.

I'd love to see Ducati up there, Crazy is due at least a win this season

• 2 weeks later...

How will he hang on?!

Also, I love that Argentina circuit, always throws up great racing. What I didn't get though is Moto 3 were happily pounding around on slicks on a wet but drying track. Moto GP bike strays a foot offline onto the only wet patch on the track, straight down the road.

I don't think it spoilt the race, it was the last lap and the race was virtually over, Iannone just made a bad call

Bring in team orders and you'll turn Moto gp into F1, no thanks

The race was spolied by having to make the pit stop due to the tyre concerns

• 2 weeks later...

Lorenzo has just signed on the dotted line for Ducati next season. Nice to see a little shuffle around at the top.

Unfortunately that means Dovi or Crazy will lose their ride at Ducati and probably end up on a Suzuki while Vinales takes Lorenzo's spot at Yamaha.

• 4 weeks later...