The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getrag V160 Gearbox (Crunch on 4th gear)

steve.m

Wow, an in need of repair Getrag going for over £2.5k, what is the world coming to. A strip down and rebuild is going to cost min £2k factoring in parts, labour and potential taxes if overseas. Didn't Keron buy one recently for practically a 1/3 price advertised here, ultimately still needed a rebuild?

I am positive I've seen new ones going for £5-6k which makes far more sense. Sorry Steve but that's a high premium. Good luck though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, an in need of repair Getrag going for over £2.5k, what is the world coming to. A strip down and rebuild is going to cost min £2k factoring in parts, labour and potential taxes if overseas. Didn't Keron buy one recently for practically a 1/3 price advertised here, ultimately still needed a rebuild?

I am positive I've seen new ones going for £5-6k which makes far more sense. Sorry Steve but that's a high premium. Good luck though.

It certainly is Greg but these are becoming very difficult to source now, the only new one available right new is on Facebook at £6500! There is no more, trust me I've been searching for a while. I have spoken to some guys in the US and there is talk that they may have access to a few more but will be at a higher price!! How much of that is truth, I don't know.

The one Keron bought was an absolute bargain and would of sold for over double that. Jammy sod... :D

It certainly is Greg but these are becoming very difficult to source now, the only new one available right new is on Facebook at £6500! There is no more, trust me I've been searching for a while. I have spoken to some guys in the US and there is talk that they may have access to a few more but will be at a higher price!! How much of that is truth, I don't know.

The one Keron bought was an absolute bargain and would of sold for over double that. Jammy sod... :D

Fair play mate and not meaning to be negative just shocked at the prices but clearly based on very, very limited supply. Keron was indeed lucky but I guess you still have to factor in a few £££ for a rebuild. Anyway hope your new one sorts the issues and you're back on the road soon. Saying that I assume this box is still absolutely fine for daily driving and use given the description.

Magna Automotive (a major customer of mine) recent acquired Getrag and I'm seeing the FD/FC week after next. I think I'm going to ask the question as to how the hell we can get out hands on parts or new boxes direct from factory, if possible.

Fair play mate and not meaning to be negative just shocked at the prices but clearly based on very, very limited supply. Keron was indeed lucky but I guess you still have to factor in a few £££ for a rebuild. Anyway hope your new one sorts the issues and you're back on the road soon. Saying that I assume this box is still absolutely fine for daily driving and use given the description.

Magna Automotive (a major customer of mine) recent acquired Getrag and I'm seeing the FD/FC week after next. I think I'm going to ask the question as to how the hell we can get out hands on parts or new boxes direct from factory, if possible.

No problem, thanks Greg. It's all good information for a perspective buyer TBH, I've got nothing to hide. Yes the box drives okay at lower RPM, just doesn't like going into 4th gear at higher RPM.

No problem, thanks Greg. It's all good information for a perspective buyer TBH, I've got nothing to hide. Yes the box drives okay at lower RPM, just doesn't like going into 4th gear at higher RPM.

Nothing to do with the 900bhp obviously ;)

Wow they are going for £6k now!!... blimey I wish I kept hold of my V160 (mechanically sound) . IIRC I sold it for less than £2k and not that long ago either...

No, a second hand one 3k plus, brand new your looking at $11,500 maybe more now as Titan is the only company to hold a new one, personally I would send it to jacks as they modify the box in stage 3.

Wow they are going for £6k now!!... blimey I wish I kept hold of my V160 (mechanically sound) . IIRC I sold it for less than £2k and not that long ago either...

It was just over a year ago buddy, mines still going strong btw so your old 1 is still sitting there as spare:sly:

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.