The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getrag V160 Gearbox (Crunch on 4th gear)

steve.m

This will potentially be removed from my car in the next month or so as I've finally managed to sourced myself a new V161 after months of searching the world! :blink: I've not received my new box yet but provided it get here safely, this will be for sale.

It's a V160 from a 1995 car with approximately 60k miles, it will be sold as just the bare Gearbox. It does however crunch 4th gear at high RPM, driving normally it's fine so I suspect this to be a slight issue with 4th gear synchro.

Now I've been searching around for months on these gearboxes, they are commanding a premium and becoming very difficult to source and at quite a risk second hand due to their age.

With all this in mind I will be looking for £2800 for this gearbox and will be collection only from either Bournemouth or SRD. I may be able to personally deliver half way depending on where your coming from.

Open to sensible offers.

SOLD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the one in England mate mite be worth refreshing mine before it goes in

I don't know of any particular ones in the UK, it's just things I've heard. The price is bound to vary depending on who it is and what needs doing.

Can be bought new for just over £4 apparently, but forum rules dictate that I'm not allowed to mention where from.

Except he can't get them despite them being advertised. Oh, and + vat too which isn't mentioned anywhere on the page. (If it's where I'm thinking)

I called Bijal, websites not been updated in years, he also said there is no new boxes for sale or being made again as far as he knows. At £2800 Steve's box is a great deal what with the limited availability right now.

Be interesting to see how much they would charge to do all new syncros and bearings and seals ect but they have no contact number

The main problem now will be getting that parts. From what I gather many of the rebuild parts are impossible to get now.

Seems strange that Getrag won't offer spares, they could pretty much charge whatever they want for them and people would still buy them.

They charged me (well Jurgen actually) just over £1800. That was drive in drive out so take some hours off for removal and fitting etc

Perhaps then Jurgen can confirm he is able to do this still.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.